Windows 8 Installed Office Professional Plus/Laptop lagging

bravodogs04

after new laptop's trial service of Microsoft Office, I installed Office Professional Plus as a replacement. This new laptop has become slower and slower over time. Pages take very long to load and using any functional on the laptop requires patience. Looking for insight into solutions and anything stating this version of Office isn't met for laptops.

@ Mitchell_A: installed it from a Microsoft site, offering a special price for military; came from IT office. Other than reinstalling, frustrated with how laptop is performing.

I would like to see that link...that's not characteristically something that MS does. I know that MS has the Student/Teacher program that offers Office and Windows at a discounted price but other than that I've not heard nor seen anything else.

You've tried running your antivirus program? You should also download and run MalwareBytes to ensure your system is clean. After you've verified that, open the task manager and go to the startup tab. Here disable any office related programs (or others that you don't need starting automatically with your PC) and reboot.

Let us know how that works

Sent from my iPad using WindowsForum

Back
Top Bottom