Windows Vista Installing HP Photosmart 1215 on vista...

Hi everyone. Just got vista ultimate other day. Whatever i seem to do, i just cannot get the software/drivers to install, just says that can't communicate with printer. Can anybody help????:confused:

hey,

have u tried to change the usb connection cable? Or did u try to use another usb port? otherwise I dont know, maybe ur printer is not working right or vista has some problems...
sry ...

Hi guys.

Thanks for your support, i have tried changin usb cable and nothin. It beeps when you plug in the printer and comes up with found new hardware. It knows its a HP PHOTOSMART 1215 but the software wont install. i emailed hp and they said i would either have to install it on my other xp PC or get a new printer as they wont be providing drivers for any xp hp printers. Like most people, i am annoyed:mad: ...

I think I found a workaround for this, or at least a driver that works for the HP photosmart 1215. The 7200 is very close to being the same printer so I tried manually adding a printer with the printer usb pluged in and printer turned on using the HP Photosmart 7200 Series drivers Vista provides and it seems to be working pretty well.

I think I found a workaround for this, or at least a driver that works for the HP photosmart 1215. The 7200 is very close to being the same printer so I tried manually adding a printer with the printer usb pluged in and printer turned on using the HP Photosmart 7200 Series drivers Vista provides and it seems to be working pretty well.

I tried using the 7200 series drivers, and no joy, :(

THANKS!!! It worked!!!

HP 1215 Vista drivers

The Photosmart 7200 driver works for me too!!
Thanks and good tip!!

Vista is fucking stupid. Doesn't work on my computer. It fucking makes all my fucking programs fucking crash. I fucking hate fucking Vista because it is fucking gay.

Awesome fix! Now I can order from Pizza Hut with a coupon =)

Hi there... I started off the thread and have been really lucky to recieve so many replies. I was wondering where you got your photosmart 7200 drivers from? i cant seem to get them anywhere. I possible could you tell me or e-mail them to me. [email protected]. Thanks a lot.

Thank you for the tip about the Photosmart 7200 drivers, it worked great.

Here is a step by step description of how to install.

1.) Go to device manager and make sure you remove any reference to the Photosmart 1215.

2.) Go to printers and manually install, right click in the open printers window and choose Run As Administrator>add printer.

3.) Add a local printer using the existing port: USB001(virtual printer port for USB)

4.) In the next window choose Manufacturer: HP, Printers: HP Photosmart 7200 series.

5.) Then hit next and away you go, you should have the little window asking if you want to print a test page, click yes and if all went as well as it did for me it should be printing a test page.

PS Make sure the printer USB is plugged in and printer is turned on.

w00t thanks guys :D

HP1215 printer on Vista

I read some of the messages on the forum; and followed the advice of one. I installed the printer using the HP 7200 series sw, and it all worked. I have an HP 1215 photo printer on my network; once I added the printer/sw, then pointed the printer to the ip address, and printed a test page. It worked like one of the forum messages mentioned! Thanks!

photosmart 1215 vista

In addition to intstalling the 7200 driver you have to change the printer port from LP1
to virtual USB port - then it will work.
=)

Instead of removing any reference to Photosmart 1215 in device manager, simply right click on Photosmart 1215 in device manager, go to update drivers, and browse for the driver for hp photosmart 7200. Windows will alert you that that driver may not be compatible, click ok, and there you go. Doing it the other way didnt work for me....

1.) Go to device manager and make sure you remove any reference to the Photosmart 1215.

2.) Go to printers and manually install, right click in the open printers window and choose Run As Administrator>add printer.

3.) Add a local printer using the existing port: USB001(virtual printer port for USB)

4.) In the next window choose Manufacturer: HP, Printers: HP Photosmart 7200 series.

5.) Then hit next and away you go, you should have the little window asking if you want to print a test page, click yes and if all went as well as it did for me it should be printing a test page.

THANKS for the following install! It worked like a charm. You guys are the greatest.

Great fix!

photosmart p1000

Any advice on getting a HP Photosmart P1000 on Vista? The printer is still mint.

Back