Windows Vista Installing HP Photosmart 1215 on vista...

HP photosmart 1215

Its real easy load the HP photosmart 7200 driver and on the port select DOT that worked for me

Thanks - this works great, even with netgear printserver connected to the 1215.

Photosmart 1215 works but systen sayes it's not connected?

I installed the 7200 driver and the printer prints. But, I get a warning "Photosmarth 1215 printer not connected" and the option to connect. When I select "connect" it can't find the printer. Anybody know how to get the warnong to go away?

The driver is in Vista. Select HP from the list and then select the Photosmart 7200.

Whoever figured tghis one out I could just kiss you (as long as your' a female,) THank you thank you thank you.
The HP 7200 series printer from Microsoft worked perfectly for me and I am even using a noname network device to make the printer available to all my home computers. THANKS:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think I found a workaround for this, or at least a driver that works for the HP photosmart 1215. The 7200 is very close to being the same printer so I tried manually adding a printer with the printer usb pluged in and printer turned on using the HP Photosmart 7200 Series drivers Vista provides and it seems to be working pretty well.
OK, can I please ask you to spoon feed it to me? I just got Vista, have a Photosmart 1215, and Vista won't let me search for a driver for a USB printer. I go to "add printer" and it goes looking for a generic IEEE driver without giving me a chance to specify what printer (e.g. 7200) to look for a driver for. What steps worked for you?
Thanks!

Regarding this post: I think I found a workaround for this, or at least a driver that works for the HP photosmart 1215. The 7200 is very close to being the same printer so I tried manually adding a printer with the printer usb pluged in and printer turned on using the HP Photosmart 7200 Series drivers Vista provides and it seems to be working pretty well.

I went to downloand the application and it brought up 10 different ones for the 7200 series...which one exactly did you use? Help...need my printer asap.

Thanks for the advice. Hope it helps me too...:confused:

Using 7200 series

OK, so I found the HP Photosmart 7200 series in Vista via my control panel...printers...ect....and I downloaded it.

But! It ran a great test print on my HP LaserJet 1012 Series, which was already working great. But I need my HP OfficeJet Pro L7650 All in One Printer to work...that's the one that will not download/work with the CD provided by HP.

So I have deleted the 1012 (prints just black and white) and went through the steps again of dowloading the HP Photosmart 7200 Series to have my L7650 (color/photosmart printer, fax, scanner) work. But! I can't get a test page, or anything else, to print!

Yikes! Help. Someone please walk us numb-nuts through the process. I got work to do.

Much appreciation...

Worked For Me!!!! Installed Hp Officejet Pro L7650

Hey there all! There's hope! :)

I tried installing the HP Photosmart 7200 Series to work for my HP OfficeJet Pro L7650 All In One Printer. It didn't work for the first time...but I persisted.

Odd Thing: When I went back to try the 2nd time there were far more HP options to choose from then (20mins.) there was earlier. Go figure???:confused:

I downloaded the HP Photosmart L7600 series and it worked! I printed a page!!!!! :D

One thing I did differently: Instead of using the drop down option (Dot) I used the following: USB001 (Virtual Printer Port for USB)

I know some of you used the (Dot) option and it worked....

Step by Step Instructions:
Turn your PC off
Turn your printer off
Turn both back on
Go to "Start"
Go to "Control Panel"
Go to "Hardware and Sound"
Click "Printer"
Click "Add Printer" located in Tabs-top of window
Read options: "Use an existing Port"---Click Drop Down Arrow Here and Try
Option 1: USB001 (Virtual Printer Port for USB

If this doesn't work try
Option 2: Dot4_001 (Generic IEEE 1284.4 Printing Support)

Click "Next"
Select "HP" under Manufacturer
Select "HP OfficeJet Pro L7600" or "HP Photosmart 7200)"
Click "Next"

The program will install and let you know that it installed successfully. It will then run a test print page. If it works-congratulations!

If it didn't: I advise deleting the "HP L7600 or HP 7200 series" you downloaded and go through the steps again. Find the closest match to your series and download. You will eventually find the one that works for you-I did!

Rememeber! Delete the series that didn't work for you before downloading another series.

Baby steps...:)

Worked For Me!!!! Installed Hp Officejet Pro L7650

Hey there all! There's hope! :)

I tried installing the HP Photosmart 7200 Series to work for my HP OfficeJet Pro L7650 All In One Printer. It didn't work for the first time...but I persisted.

Odd Thing: When I went back to try the 2nd time there were far more HP options to choose from then (20mins.) there was earlier. Go figure???:confused:

I downloaded the HP Photosmart L7600 series and it worked! I printed a page!!!!! :D

One thing I did differently: Instead of using the drop down option (Dot) I used the following: USB001 (Virtual Printer Port for USB)

I know some of you used the (Dot) option and it worked....

Step by Step Instructions:
Turn your PC off
Turn your printer off
Turn both back on
Go to "Start"
Go to "Control Panel"
Go to "Hardware and Sound"
Click "Printer"
Click "Add Printer" located in Tabs-top of window
Read options: "Use an existing Port"---Click Drop Down Arrow Here and Try
Option 1: USB001 (Virtual Printer Port for USB

If this doesn't work try

Click "Next"
Click "Next"

The program will install and let you know that it installed successfully. It will then run a test print page. If it works-congratulations!

If it didn't: I advise deleting the "HP L7600 or HP 7200 series" you downloaded and go through the steps again. Find the closest match to your series and download. You will eventually find the one that works for you-I did!

Rememeber! Delete the series that didn't work for you before downloading another series.

Thanks!!! It worked for me! I used the local printer, Dot4001 option, selected HP, then Photosmart 7200 series, and it printed a test page perfectly the first time. Thank you everyone for the discovery and for taking the time to give instructions! So nice to have the old printer working without having to buy a new one.

Thanks for the tip on using the 7200 as a source for install files. I tip worked well for me.

I think I found a workaround for this, or at least a driver that works for the HP photosmart 1215. The 7200 is very close to being the same printer so I tried manually adding a printer with the printer usb pluged in and printer turned on using the HP Photosmart 7200 Series drivers Vista provides and it seems to be working pretty well.

How do you know which port to plug the printer in? Mine has three.

Re: Worked For Me!!!! Installed Hp Officejet Pro L7650

If this doesn't work try

Click "Next"
Click "Next"

Many thanks, after several attempts at the first method this 2nd option worked for me.

Vista is fucking stupid. Doesn't work on my computer. It fucking makes all my fucking programs fucking crash. I fucking hate fucking Vista because it is fucking gay.

I am with you on that one mate.. I FUCKIN HATE IT TOO!!!

I've been searching forever for fix to make this printer work with Vista! This worked perfectly, no problems yet. So happy to keep this printer instead of switching to the crappy, ink-sucking HP freebie that came with my new computer.

I'm glad you found a solution for your HP.
I have a Canon S800 photo printer that Iove but I can't get it to work with Vista.

I wonder if Bill Gates will buy me a new printer?

Hi everyone. Just got vista ultimate other day. Whatever i seem to do, i just cannot get the software/drivers to install, just says that can't communicate with printer. Can anybody help????:confused:

i can install my printer in vista what i can do??

Back
Top Bottom