Windows 7 installing to get rid of win8

revid

Here it is: got a laptop with win 8 on it and want to get rid of it.Downloaded win 7 from online,is there a way to install 7 on laptop and still keep 8 just incase 7 doesn't work? Can I and how can I make another partition to install 7 on?

thanks,which do you recommend better,classic shell or start 8? Whats the difference between the two? Iam guessing they would be better cause I only have serials from internet for win7 and don't know if they work?

Classic Shell is free...Start8 is $4.99 but is has a 30 day trial. I would use one for a week or two and then try the other....a few of us on here find that we like/prefer Start8 over classic shell. I have Start8 on my laptop and use strictly use the metro/start screen on my desktop.

BTW...I also have a dual boot set up on my laptop....OEM installed windows 7 Home premium and created a partition in installed windows 8 Pro then updated to 8.1 Pro.

BTW...I also have a dual boot set up on my laptop....OEM installed windows 7 Home premium and created a partition in installed windows 8 Pro then updated to 8.1 Pro.
so you got your hands on a copy of 7 and didnt need a serial cause you had win8 on your system first?

David, VMware Player or Virtual Box very hard to setup?

I thought I had deleted my reply because I did not want duplicate replies. Guess I was a bit late.
To answer your question, no it is not hard. There are tutorials to do that.
However, after reading your original post, I wonder what is it that you do not like about Win 8.
If it is the new interface that you are not familiar with, then using the 3rd party start menu as suggested to you may ease the pain until you get yourself familiarized with the new system.

I have a Win 8.1 and I use Start8.
It looks and works just like Win 7, and you can use the computer just like you were on a Win 7 computer.

bassfisher6522 said:
so you got your hands on a copy of 7 and didnt need a serial cause you had win8 on your system first?

I think you misunderstood me. I bought the laptop, it came with windows 7. Then I bought windows 8 and dual booted on my laptop.

Back