Windows 7 Installing windows 7 on a PC with intel i865pe chipset

smikesh

I have tried installing windows 7 on a PC with intel i865pe chipset (namely Asus P4P-800). I have got the message sazying that it needs drivers in order to proceed. Where can I download them? I have tried searching on the site of the manufacturer or just in google... unfortunately I have found nothing :((

Thanks in advance!

The message should tell you exactly what drivers are required. Good idea to contact ASUS. For now, when it asks for dtivers, insert your ASUS support CD, there is a chance it may have the necessary drivers.

Problem is that doesn't support anything beyond XP

Ergo if hardware not designed for Vista, chances are it won't support Windows 7 (w/ drivers)

Sometimes what supports Vista will (also) support W7.

But, if the foundation is only XP then...

If it (a unit) doesn't have Vista drivers then, not very likely will have W7 drivers (anywhere).

I was able to install Vista on this PC without any problems. The problem is only with Windows 7.

smikesh said:
I have got the message sazying that it needs drivers in order to proceed. Where can I download them?

If possible, exactly what does the message say, what drivers ? If you know you can try to find or request them from ASUS.

Le sujet est un peu vieux mais j'ai tenté de mettre un windows 7 sur une ancienne machine en i865p. Pour installer le drivers j'ai pris le dernier pour windows xp et l'ai exécuté en mode de compatibilité pour windows xp sur mon windows 7 32bits. çà fonctionne pour l'instant.

The subject is a little old but I have tried to put a windows 7 on an old machine in i865p. To install the drivers I took the last for windows xp and ran it in compatibility mode for windows xp on my windows 7 32-bit. It works for now.
Hello Psychlo and welcome to the forum.
Thanks for joining our community and sharing your experience with our other members and visitors.
Hope to continue to see you around the forum.
Regards
Randy

After testing the solution is not "stable" and this chipset is really to less powerfull for use Windows 7 although aero is not active.

Back
Top Bottom