Windows Vista Intel (R) 82845G Graphics Controller Driver Problem

kneekill

Hi all,

i recently installed vista (rtm) on my machine sucessfully by i have problem with display...it wont change from 640*480 resolution and 16 bit colour mode....

vista is not supporting my drivers...i searched a lot at intels website and google but could not find any solution..

please help me with the required Graphic drivers or steps to solve this problem..i really cant go for a new PC right now...i heard we can overcome with this problem.....but dont know how.

my system specs are

1) Intel (R) 82845G Graphics Controller

2)Intel (R) 82801 DB Ultra ATA Controller

3)Intel D845GVSR Motherboard

4)Intel Pentium 4 @ 2400 MHZ Processor

Finally i made vista work on my pc with latest updates of the drivers intel has released for "XP".......and manually installing them..did the job........

but i have some more problems i am not able to use some of the vista Aero features.

1) Glass -- working

2)Dynamic windows -- not working

3)Taskbar thumbnails -- not working -- i went to task bar properties ---view thumbnails in task bar check box is disabled..

4)Windows Flip -- working

5)Windows Flip 3D--not working

i went to themes to check wether Windows Areo is present or not.
only vitsa basic is present.......i dont know what to do.......
Please suggest..my PC has the minimum requirements...
see the first post..i reinstalled vista but no change. :mellow:

I came through some steps while googling on how to enable Aero Theme on unsupported graphic controllers by editing some registry keys......but they all are for different builds..

i dont know on how to make those registry changes on Vista RTM or Retail releases....right now i am experimenting on how to enable Aero Theme for RTM release..

If any one already have a solution for this please update it here...

Dear Sir

i recently installed vista (rtm) on my machine sucessfully by i have problem with display...it wont change from 640*480 resolution and 16 bit colour mode....

vista is not supporting my drivers...i searched a lot at intels website and google but could not find any solution..

please help me with the required Graphic drivers or steps to solve this problem..i really cant go for a new PC right now...i heard we can overcome with this problem.....but dont know how.

my system specs are

1) Intel (R) 82845G Graphics Controller

2)Intel (R) 82801 DB Ultra ATA Controller

3)Intel D845GVSR Motherboard

4)Intel Pentium 4 @ 2400 MHZ Processor

Plz help me

82845G Intel Graphic Controler Drivers

I had same problem with WinXP SP3 Install

the drivers can be found on Intels web site
Download Software, Drivers and Utilities Filters

Or can be downloaded from my rapidshare account using the link below
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Double click the file and let it install then reboot as instructed worked fine for me

jonuk34(AT)hotmail or yahoo.com

Please click on this link if you cannot find intel graphic controller which runs low power chipsets like 82845.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Direct draw can also be enabled if you have the compatible hardware.

This link cures problems for all the chipsets.

:)

Hi ,
I have the same problem of graphic controller driver. i am unable to install graphic controller 82845G on windows vista ultimate. please help me. reply me to i will be thankful to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
iv recently install vista enterprise edition...bt im unable to use aero 3D desktop feature....im unable to use 3D DirectX feature....iv 82845G Graphics card.....if anyone hav solution..plz reply here.....

It's not powerfull enough to run aero, thats your problem.

Dude can u direct me how u fixed display prob with vista ,i hav th same specs as urs and am facing the same prob, can u male me the drivers folder which u manully edited ,it would be a great help. my email is [email protected]

HOw did u install vista in the first place. I have the same ide and video chipset and vista install keeps complaining about a driver for the disk controller.

I think to solve your video problem you have to purchase a agp graphics card that is compatible with vista. I got one of the Nvidia cards.

OK I THINK I HAVE FOUND A SOULTION. But it only works for the vista problems. right click on the exe file and choose the properties option and select the compatibility tab and then select the the run as box and choose your OS. (i chose Windows XP Service pack 2)Hope that helped

Back