Windows 7 Interne Explorer will not run

dhughton

Hi,

Ive been running windows 7 RC candidate build 7100 for a couple months and have recently noticed that when i open internet explorer, the window does not load properly and after a few seconds closes entirely. i don't usually use internet explorer but many of the programs on my computer, such as Mcafee and desktop gagets need to use it.

Hi,

Ive been running windows 7 RC candidate build 7100 for a couple months and have recently noticed that when i open internet explorer, the window does not load properly and after a few seconds closes entirely. i don't usually use internet explorer but many of the programs on my computer, such as Mcafee and desktop gagets need to use it.
This link has some tips that 'may' help: Link Removed - Invalid URL

thanks for your reply. I tried uninstalling mcafee but that did not work. when i open internet explorer i cant reset it from inside the program because file, tools, edit, and most of the page do not load. the problem has gotten somewhat worse and the page will no longer stay open for more than two seconds.

ive attached a copy of the problem using the problem steps recorder. hopfully this helps, the third picture shows internet explorer right before it closes itself.

Last edited:
One suggestion which might work.
Open the Control Panel (small/large icon view) - Programs and features.
Open (over on the left) Turn windows features on or off.
Untick Internet Explorer.
Reboot.
Now follow the procedure again, but tick the square, of course, and reboot.

thanks for all of the suggestions. I tried turning IE off and on again as well as restoring it to a previous version that i think was before the problem started. Ive also scanned my computer several times and specifically scanned the program itself but none of this seemed to have worked.

In the Problem Steps recorder, the last line states you right-clicked on the Get More Addons button.

I can't see anything in the window, did you click anywhere within that window?

Try going to Control Panel > Internet Options, click the Delete button and Delete All.

Now click the Programs tab and click the Manage Add-Ons button.

Right-click on each entry and choose Disable. Click Apply, then OK.

Restart your computer and try to fire up IE again.

for the problem steps recorder i had to click on something before the window closed so that i could get a screen shot of IE before it closed itself.

Ive tried getting into my internet options several times but whenever i click on it, no window opens. ive tried getting into internet option through other links, such as network and sharing centre, but it wont open.

This is not good.

Are you able to access all other Control Panel items except for Internet Options?

Try opening McAfee and remove any connection related to Internet Explorer.

Or go to Start > Run, and type msconfig, and uncheck McAfee, reboot your PC and start IE.

Did yiou install any type of toolbar for IE such as yahoo or Google?

Back