Windows 7 Internet Disconnect Problem.

Neersha

Can i ask why do i have to turn off my router for 10 secs and then turn back on for every 2-3 hrs when my internet disconnect. can i stop this disconnection?

i am using desktop. my sister using a laptop, thats why iam using a router.

Can i ask why do i have to turn off my router for 10 secs and then turn back on for every 2-3 hrs when my internet disconnect. can i stop this disconnection?

i am using desktop. my sister using a laptop, thats why iam using a router.

We need information on your network setup and your OS.\

What router, wired or wireless, who is your ISP, any encryption, etc?

Are you running windows 7, XP, or something else?, etc.

Last edited:
ISP = Starhub.
i got a modem connected to my router with a cable, and then a cable from router connected to my desktop
(window 7).

iam using a linksys router(WRT54GL)
my router and modem driver had been updated.

ohya, i think theres something to do with my default gateway, because when i fixed my internet. the default gateway still not avaliable.

Last edited:
The reasons for your issue could be a number of things. Corruption of the router, registry errors, system infected with malware and/or virus's. It's just hard to say. Check your system for Malware and Virus's first, it can't hurt. Then clean out your registry for lost, forgotten, unused and corrupted strings.

For your router there are two more things you can try. First reset your router to factory defaults. Next would be to update the routers firmware. Just go through the tabs in the link I provided.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Last edited:
Back