Windows Vista Internet Disconnection Randomly

Looney

Hi all.

My Internet is randomly dropping out, I know this is a driver problem, but I'm was wondering if anyone has had the same issue and has resolved it, as its annoying.

I'm using the Belkin Wireless adapter F5D8053 with the latest Vista driver v3011 v2.0.0.8. After it drops out i have to unplug it from the usb and reinsert to get it working again.

Thanks

My computer drops off line sometimes while I'm watching CBS New Live stream online. It'll play for a minute or two then I lose my internet connection, and have to restart Windows to get it back online. You Tube streaming seems to work fine, it's only with CBS News website that it does this. Go figure.

Ye it does seam that a few people are having problems with internet connection in one way or another. Maybe if we can find out what Microsoft has changed in 7 to the connectivity, then we may be able to work around it until new drivers are available

I enjoy listening to the radio on the internet and for the first time ever I lose my connection. It isn't the same station every time. For some reason, I don't lose my connection for browsing. I just have to close and restart media player.

I also just lost my internet connection while watching a CNN video stream. Had to restart the computer to get back online.

Do any of you have any anti-virus softwares and firewalls? If so uninstall them and use AVG free antivirus and windows firewall for the time being. see if that helps your problems.

I'm already using AVG Free A-V.

It's weird, I only lose my internet connection with a couple of site, while other websites work just fine. It'll play for a while then drop out for no known reason. It only happens with video streaming though, texting on to this site, I have no problem at all.

then it seems to me like a network card issue. The computer should always go to internet sites if configured correctly. What firewall are you using?

I double checked my firewall settings, and it shows I have Windows firewall and Norton firewall, the Norton is turned on and the windows firewall is turned off.....I'm thinking this is the problem. So now I'm going to get rid of the Norton Firewall and try using the Windows firewall.

Thanks !!

Easier said than done. I was able to restore the Widows Firewall and get that turned on, I haven't been able to get rid of Norton just yet. It doesn't show up in my programs, by I did find the Norton files on my disk but it won't let me delete the files with out administration authorization.....I'll try streaming some video and see what happens now.....

Last edited:
for all of you with internet connection problems either with wireless or hard wired, go into the:
control panel
network and internet
change adapter setting (on left side in words)
right click on both the wired and wireless and chose properties
uncheck internet protocol v6
after doing it for both wired and wireless then reboot and also unplug your router and dsl/cable modem and then plug in the dsl/cable modem wait till it is linked up then plug in router all should be fine.

Thanks for the firewall suggestion. I wasn't able to get rid of Norton's Security Center, which I think was causing the problem, and there may have been some other configuration problem with my old settings, so what I did was re-formatted the hard drive, and did a fresh install of Vista, Vista Service Pack 1, then Windows 7, and now CNN's website video stream works perfectly. I know it sounds like a strech doing it this way, but I wanted to work with W7 on a good hard drive, so cleaning it off was part of the plan anyway.

for all of you with internet connection problems either with wireless or hard wired, go into the:
control panel
network and internet
change adapter setting (on left side in words)
right click on both the wired and wireless and chose properties
uncheck internet protocol v6
after doing it for both wired and wireless then reboot and also unplug your router and dsl/cable modem and then plug in the dsl/cable modem wait till it is linked up then plug in router all should be fine.

Thanks for this, But unfortunately has no affect on the internet dropping out and the problem remains the same! for me anyway :confused:

After I installed 7 the wireless would cut off and restart every 45 - 120 seconds. And its only the partition with 7 on it. If I switch to the MAC side and use the net for a bit then switch back ,everything is fine...but if I reboot straight to 7 it doesn't work. I haven't come up with a resolution yet, so if anyone has any suggestions they would be highly appreciated

Does anyone know if this problem is resolved in a new Build of 7?? :rolleyes: Not been using 7 because of the internet problem and would love to come back to 7 to do some more testing...

Its looking lake my Belkin F5D8053N Wireless USB Adapter (No 7 driver available) is being disconnected some how from the usb. This appears to happen totally randomly, when ever if feels like it... Only unplugging it and then pugging it in, enables it to work again...

:confused: Please help

Back
Top Bottom