Windows 7 Internet Explorer 8 64-bit

THADFC

After installing Internet Explorer 8 64-bit version I discovered that Adobe does not have a Flash Player compatible with a 64-bit browser. Any ideas on how I revert to the 32-bit version? Of course it does seem as if Adobe should have been prepared.

Thanks

Thanks but

Thanks but no luckAdobe states that they do not have a Flash Player for 64-bit browsers.
They say they are "working on it" and hopefully it will be ready for the next edition of Flast Player.
I was hoping someone knew a way to backtrack from IE 8 64 bit to IE 8 32 bit.

Thanks

I'm mystified by your question.

I've run several builds of Win7 X64. All have included *both* 32 and 64 bit versions of IE8. The 32 bit version is the one that opens by default.

What did you do to "install" the 64 bit version? Is the 32 bit version still present?

Thanks

Thanks for the helpAt some point during installation I was offered the opportunity to activate the 64-bit version.
This then became my default.
At your suggestion I searched and found the 32-bit which of course avoids the Flash Player problem.

Thanks for the tip

Yopu have to have downloaded and burnt the 64-bit edition ISO

There is now way to revert IE8 back to 32-bit, when you're whole OS is 64-bit.

I'm mystified by your question.

I've run several builds of Win7 X64. All have included *both* 32 and 64 bit versions of IE8. The 32 bit version is the one that opens by default.

What did you do to "install" the 64 bit version? Is the 32 bit version still present?

Yeh the 32bit version should still be around somewhere, theyre independant

64 bit ISO

You are correct. I did indeed load the 64-bit ISO but I do have both the 32 and 64-bit IE 8 available.
If I use the 64-bit, no flash player.
If I use the 32-bit, I have a flash player. Just like Adobe says. Hopefully they will catch up soon.

thanks for all your help

Where exactly are the 2 versions located.

try a search on your computer for iexplore.exe and let me know what you find.

Just go to the start menu and you can select the 64 bit version or use the 32 bit. It states in the menu that it is the 64 bit version.

Back