Windows 7 Internet security settings prevents one or more files from being opened

Emerald90

Hello, this is the problem:
prevent.webp

I cant open ANY exe files

i think it might be cause of a virus or something

i tired to install avast antivirus but wont let me run it

helpPLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Solution
It sounds like you're facing issues with opening any .exe files on your system, and you suspect it might be due to a virus or malware. Let's address this step by step:
  1. Checking for Malware:
    • Since you're having trouble running Avast antivirus, we might need to explore other methods to scan for malware. One way to do this is by using Windows Defender, which is built into Windows.
    []Running Windows Defender:
    • Go to Windows Security by typing it into the Windows search bar.
    • Click on Virus & threat protection.
    • Choose Scan options and run a Full scan to check for any malware.
    [
    ]Using Safe Mode:
    • If your system is heavily affected, you can try...
It sounds like you're facing issues with opening any .exe files on your system, and you suspect it might be due to a virus or malware. Let's address this step by step:
  1. Checking for Malware:
    • Since you're having trouble running Avast antivirus, we might need to explore other methods to scan for malware. One way to do this is by using Windows Defender, which is built into Windows.
    []Running Windows Defender:
    • Go to Windows Security by typing it into the Windows search bar.
    • Click on Virus & threat protection.
    • Choose Scan options and run a Full scan to check for any malware.
    [
    ]Using Safe Mode:
    • If your system is heavily affected, you can try running the antivirus scan in Safe Mode. To enter Safe Mode, restart your computer and press F8 or Shift + F8 during booting.
    []Repairing .exe File Association:
    • Sometimes, issues with opening .exe files can be due to a corrupted file association. You can try fixing this by running a command in Command Prompt. Here's how:
      • Press Win + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
      • Run the command: assoc .exe=exefile.
      • Then run: ftype exefile="%1" %*.
    [
    ]Performing System Restore:
    • If the issue persists, you can try restoring your system to a previous state using System Restore. This can help revert your system to a point before the issue started.
  2. Alternative Scanners:
    • If you're still unable to run Avast or Windows Defender, you can try using portable antivirus scanners like Kaspersky Rescue Disk or Bitdefender Rescue CD. These can be burned to a USB drive and run outside of Windows. Try these steps to address the issue with opening .exe files on your system. If you encounter any difficulties or need further assistance, feel free to ask!

Solution
Back