Introduce Yourself.

Hey everyone. Clueless I guess you can call me. I don't really know much about anything in particular, though I have learned just a few small things here and there in different "categories" you could say. I'm not good at all at retaining knowledge these days, so I just get info as much as I can on anything I need/want to. Like coding for example. Mostly Hardware brought me here. Starting to learn, lot's to ask.

Morning Everyone. Joined your group today so I will have another resource to turn to when MS throws another curve to their Win 10 product.
My background is in telecommunications on the network side but have been retired for several years. I can navigate pc's enough to be considered "dangerous" but frankly I get tired of having to do so.
I have a HP Pavilion Elite e9180t running Win 10 Pro, with latest build. Unit is old (09) but has enough horsepower to make me want to hold on to it for awhile longer. Recently I replaced my Raid0 HDD's with a 1Tb SDD so I want to get some more mileage out of it.
We'll drop by from time to time but for now have a great day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Recently I replaced my Raid0 HDD's with a 1Tb SDD
dropping the raid is a solid start johnee249, I'd still go with sshd + extra ram for better bang | buck ratio but its your money and the sdd should perform well

Hello everybody,

another newbie to this forum :)
I consider myself to be an interested computer user, with some experience since the 1990s. From time to time, I also do a little programming.
Most of the time, I am busy configuring and repairing computers and networks at home or for friends.
I hope that I can improve my knowledge reading this forum, and perhaps, I might also be able to provide help for other users' problems.

Thank you very much and kind regards,
DAC324

welcome aboard DAC324... funny how we all end up with mates who need thier computers fixed :cool:

Hey Everyone, This is Donald Silverburgh here. I am a Gamer and a part time 3Ds Max Student. Glad to be a part of WindowsForum.

Hi Donald, I see you are set for halloween... do you do any space scenes?
if so check out the new Nasa models, anyway welcome to the forums mate

Hey guys. I am Thomas. I'm good at hardware, games, and computers in general. I live in New York. I am an interior designer. Also, I love baseball and movies.

Hi Thomas, welcome to the forums mate... I don't understand baseball but the game looks exciting to watch

Glad to be part of such a forum. I help others with Microsoft Windows10 but sometimes it is beyond me. We need some real experts who can get down to programming language. Linux may suit most on here much better since the system is open source. I don't use Linux but am determined to get better support from Microsoft's call centre. I find it fighting against the tide at times. The Philippinos of the call centre are very mannerly both on the phone and by text, but they are limited in how to fix a broken startup of Win10.

I look forward to interacting with this community. Hopefully I can get some helpful insight and pay it back with some of my own. So if anyone is needing some basic information about windows I have been involved in reinstalls for about 10 years. I have done everything manually and just recently decided to take my act into coding, scripting, and automation. Its been a long time coming. Feel free to start a conversation with me if you need any basic questions answered. Happy hunting.

Ho PatMalone,
its always nice to see another code hobbyist here on the forum, welcome aboard mate

I'd suggest learning powershell. If you have any questions I have taught several classes at work and presented at Microsoft.

Back