Introduce Yourself.

Cooker, here. Am a Mainframe systems admin for a major bank. Windows is not my strong suit. Joined just now to procure some help and follow along with the more seasoned pros. Right now am having probs and have posted to the forum. Merry Christmas all ..

Last edited:
Hi llja, welcome to the forum

P.s, I would rethink the Lenovo mate... an Asus laptop will be better in fact just about anything would be better ime

Thanks for the welcome. As for Asus, I've had an unfortunate experience with that brand a while back. The reason for me to consider the T470s was that I really like the build quality of the machine (as with the T470). My hardware demands aren't that high, so it would make no sense to go for top specs at all cost. Instead, I want a durable machine that is quick enough, with a fantastic keyboard and trackpad, a decent screen, good i/o, great build quality and day-long battery life. And I don't mind spending MacBook-like money for something that offers a great experience.

To be honest, the best laptop I ever owned was this Panasonic Toughbook CF-29 brick I ran Ubuntu on. I did consider the CF-31 despite the cost, but I just can't live with a 1024x768 pixel screen any longer.

Any software available in windows that's work like apk extractor in android that convert apps into installable package Sent from my YU5010A using Tapatalk

Greetings to Everyone,
Got here looking for driver solutions for my Marvell SATA RAID card. Found it!! :)
Tripps.png I'm retired and juggle all the things for my hobbies and interests. Get a chance, check out my latest artwork, A Crash of Rhinos.
I'll have to surf around in the forum later on. Happy New Year.

Really? You're an Advanced Security Expert, Web Desingner, Programmer, Developper, has a tutoring channel on Youtube and own an image hosting website... AT SIXTEEN??? What are you, some kind of genius? Bullsh*t much! You don't get Web, Dev and programming classes until college (sometimes end of high school but VERY light classes) which you don't get in until at LEAST 16, most of the time, 17, and said classes take 2 or 3 years to graduate, taking you to around 20. Maybe you meant sixty (60), which I'm much more enclined to believe.

As for me, I'm 16 from Quebec, Canada. I have interests in computers, programming and animation and I try to learn what little they give at my high school (NOT a lot). I am fairly enjoying it here, since it's pretty new and, shall we say, deserted, for now. I don't have a resume quite as impressive as sir above but I have knowledge slightly more advanced than most people in about all areas (and not just comps, everything). I hope my little project I published here recently will take off as well(http://windows8forums.com/windows-8-discussion/1440-windows-8-tan.html#post1538).

Thank you all.
It is not nice (and libelous) to call someone a liar(
Bullsh*t much!)
because you think they are, do you know how they do things in Kuwait?

Hello Everyone, I am new to this site, but have been using Microsoft Windows and Linux since 1998, I used Windows 3.1, and DOS prior to that, I am currently teaching myself how to program; Java, Python, Ruby

100%

100%

77%

14%

5%

100%
, and design Webpages using html5, css3, JS current versions , currently study some of the same plus electronics design related courses with
1516455848892.png
Introduction to Mobile Application Development using Android,

Introduction to Java Programming - Part 2,

Introduction to Computing using Python,

Java Fundamentals for Android Development,

Cellular Solids 1: Structures, Properties and Engineering Applications,

College Algebra and Problem Solving,

Circuits and Electronics 1: Basic Circuit Analysis,

CS50's Introduction to Computer Science,

Windows PowerShell Basics, and lastly:

Introduction to Algebra. Links included for your perusal.

Am also utilizing Microsoft's Virtual academy for MS related studies

My interests are wide and varied; camping, hiking, climbing, fishing, bowling, golf, ALL electronics related topics, bio-engineering, chemistry, geology, exploration; to include spelunking, I would love to go scuba diving, especially to our coral reefs, tinkering-obviously with Arduino, Launchpad, and a large selection of discrete electronic components, robotics(not actively-purely research, researching all my interests, micro-biology, etc.

I do have a Question: I want to utilize a VHD to install an experimental version of Windows through the Insider Downloads page, In other words I want to install an OS-Windows Server Insider preview into the VHD, can I do this? And How?

Hello folks,

ghosted here. I'm currently having some issues with bluetooth on my laptop, and since I'm a kind of DIY guy, I decided to ask for help here, instead of sending the laptop to a technician.

Cheers!

welcome aboard ghosted

hope you get it sorted but you can always take it to a tech after

Hello Everyone, I am new to this site, but have been using Microsoft Windows and Linux since 1998, I used Windows 3.1, and DOS prior to that, I am currently teaching myself how to program; Java, Python, Ruby

100%

100%

77%

14%

5%

100%
, and design Webpages using html5, css3, JS current versions , currently study some of the same plus electronics design related courses with View attachment 35780,
Introduction to Mobile Application Development using Android,

Introduction to Java Programming - Part 2,

Introduction to Computing using Python,

Java Fundamentals for Android Development,

Cellular Solids 1: Structures, Properties and Engineering Applications,

College Algebra and Problem Solving,

Circuits and Electronics 1: Basic Circuit Analysis,

CS50's Introduction to Computer Science,

Windows PowerShell Basics, and lastly:

Introduction to Algebra. Links included for your perusal.

Am also utilizing Microsoft's Virtual academy for MS related studies

My interests are wide and varied; camping, hiking, climbing, fishing, bowling, golf, ALL electronics related topics, bio-engineering, chemistry, geology, exploration; to include spelunking, I would love to go scuba diving, especially to our coral reefs, tinkering-obviously with Arduino, Launchpad, and a large selection of discrete electronic components, robotics(not actively-purely research, researching all my interests, micro-biology, etc.

I do have a Question: I want to utilize a VHD to install an experimental version of Windows through the Insider Downloads page, In other words I want to install an OS-Windows Server Insider preview into the VHD, can I do this? And How?
Welcome to the forums and good luck with your studies. Can't answer the VHD question on the welcome thread, but its not difficult if you are using Hyper-V or VMWare Workstation.

hi Hanna,
web design will keep you learning... always changing but I like that about it... welcome aboard mate!

Hello everyone. This is Steve Smith here. I am a PC lover and has seen transformation of Windows over the time. Now windows 10 finally here as SaaS. So, having a good knowledge in Windows, I would like to help others and get the same from experts too. I will ask anything which I think won't be able to sort out myself. Thanks, stay connected.

Back