Introduce Yourself.

Hello folks. Just joined the forum today. I have several devices running Windows 10 Pro, ios, and Android. I just picked up a Gateway laptop (model GWTC115-2) running Windows 11 (just updated to version 22H2) So far, I'm happy with the device; bought it on sale at Walmart for about $172, tax included.
I got a little concerned during the update because it took an unusually long time to finish. Anyhow, all is OK now, but I'll need to see if I'll have any issues with the update. If I have issues, is it possible to revert back to version 21H2? Thanks, Ed

Hi Ed44 the gateway two in one systems have a rep for dieing after a few weeks \ months of use... they are cheap low end parts with the bare min of Ram etc to boot but yes it should run Windows 10 or Linux [assuming you don't toss it against the wall like most people]

welcome to the forum

As the title suggests this thread gives you a chance to say Hi and introduce yourself to the community.
Hello. It all started with the Commodore 64 and being a hard core gamer. Then I decided I wanted to program my own games. I got more into graphic design.

Hi Ed44 the gateway two in one systems have a rep for dieing after a few weeks \ months of use... they are cheap low end parts with the bare min of Ram etc to boot but yes it should run Windows 10 or Linux [assuming you don't toss it against the wall like most people]

welcome to the forum
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I thought once that I could save money by buying a Gateway at my local Walmarts. I couldn't really upgrade it later, and updating was always a hassle (waiting... waiting... waiting... still waiting). Then I hit the power button one day and pooft! the pc just died. I wish Ed44 the best of luck though! Maybe the new ones are now better?

I don't think my Gateway is a 2 in 1 system, since the keyboard doesn't detach. Right now, there are no noticeable glitches. Maybe it will turn out that I may have gotten a good device. I can only hope that if it's going to die, it will do so within the Walmart return period policy. So far, I really like it. Ed :)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I thought once that I could save money by buying a Gateway at my local Walmarts. I couldn't really upgrade it later, and updating was always a hassle (waiting... waiting... waiting... still waiting). Then I hit the power button one day and pooft! the pc just died. I wish Ed44 the best of luck though! Maybe the new ones are now better?
I mistakenly said my Gateway wasn't a 2 in 1. I thought that only applied to one's with detachable keyboards. I think my device is, more correctly, a "convertible, since it can be folded into a tent configuration, or even into a rather clunky tablet (I have other tablets and would always use my Gateway like standard laptop). At any rate, I'm distressed to read about your bad experience with a Gateway product, RadCaz. If mine bites the dust I won't be too sad since I purchased it with a free gift card, so in effect, it cost me nothing. :up:

welcome to the forum Anthony... i see a fellow joystick owner ;)
[mine is for mech warrior now days]

Heeeyyyyy wasssup sheeeesh bussing fr fr no cap

God that hurt typing out.
So uhm hi
I use windows 11 but wish i was using windows 7 (or even 10)

Well...Hello from NC. Just a retired dude. I worked on PC when they had 8086 Processors. 64 Kilobytes was HUGH!!!

found while cruising figured interesting because i just started getting into server equipment so here i am now. lol burnin one

Back