Windows 7 invisible in network center

pythonx

Hello mates !
I have a simple question :eek:
I tend to be fully invisible in network center where other guys are able to enter my PC . I,m on administrator mode on my user account , in addition i have access to our wireless router .
fd8a8bc6e257.png
i will look forward your aids :eek:
thanks

A little confused, your question states "I tend to be fully invisible in network center" But then your attachment says "I want to be fully invisible here" with an arrow pointing to presumeably you.
If you don't want to show up at all, you can probably accomplish this by opening the network and sharing center, select change advanced sharing setting in the left column and selecting "turn off network discovery" you can also choose to "turn of file and printer sharing"
See if that works and let us know.

pcs3657:
Thanks for pitching in and helping with this thread. Two heads are always better than one. I just hope we are both understanding correctly what the OP is trying to accomplish.
Anyhow thanks again, and some rep for you.

Friends :D

A little confused, your question states "I tend to be fully invisible in network center" But then your attachment says "I want to be fully invisible here" with an arrow pointing to presumeably you.
Well , simply it means that i didn't know the correct name of that place :razz:
Of course the image shows the right place , i need to be invisible there .

If you don't want to show up at all, you can probably accomplish this by opening the network and sharing center, select change advanced sharing setting in the left column and selecting "turn off network discovery" you can also choose to "turn of file and printer sharing"
See if that works and let us know.
Oki ,I did as you said , consequently I,m not able to observe other devices anymore . But the problem is that I think they can still watch me . Do u think they are able to watch me ?

pcs3657 my friend thanks for the link but i still need to be invisible in network page

-------

Oki ,I did as you said , consequently I,m not able to observe other devices anymore . But the problem is that I think they can still watch me . Do u think they are able to watch me ?
No I don't, especially from the Network and Sharing Center. The utitlity only provides a list of servers available on the network (servers in the sense that they are broadcasting their presense on the network and publishing any shares they have available)
Generally a best practice against any type of network intrusion would be a username that you don't share with anyone, coupled with a very strong password incorporating upper and lowercase alphanumeric characters, with numbers and special characters something like P@$$w0rd (that you also do not share with anyone.
Additionally you can not share anything if you don't have anything shared then there is nothing for them to see.
Unfortunately there are what's call default hidden shares, like C$ so typically on a network, if someone knows your IP address or hostname then they could access your C drive by typing \\MachineName\C$ so with a username and password they're pretty much good to go. That's why you should always protect your username and password and make the password strong. (Also one of the reasons that the default administrator's account is now disabled, right out of the box on Win7.
No one can actually watch you, unless they are running some type of third party software on their and your machine that faciliates some type of shadowing and or screenshot capturing and keylogging. Not too likely without your knowledge. Or of course looking over your shoulder, just glance back every once in a while.

Back
Top Bottom