Windows 7 iPod Touch connects but won't charge

KevinJ90825

My 2nd generation iPod touch will connect to the computer and shows up in iTunes 8.2.1.6. I'm able to play music off of it and sync music to and from it. The problem however is that it won't charge. On the ipod, the icon in the upper right which shows the battery is just rapidly switching from the charging icon to the plugged in icon. I had it plugged into the computer all of last night and the battery is at the same level as it was before. This worked fine on Windows XP so I'm thinking it has something to do with Windows 7 being installed. Any suggestions on what might be happening? Thanks!

Edit: By the way, I just checked and the iPod charges fine in another computer with Windows XP installed on it.

Last edited:
My 2nd generation iPod touch will connect to the computer and shows up in iTunes 8.2.1.6. I'm able to play music off of it and sync music to and from it. The problem however is that it won't charge. On the ipod, the icon in the upper right which shows the battery is just rapidly switching from the charging icon to the plugged in icon. I had it plugged into the computer all of last night and the battery is at the same level as it was before. This worked fine on Windows XP so I'm thinking it has something to do with Windows 7 being installed. Any suggestions on what might be happening? Thanks!

Edit: By the way, I just checked and the iPod charges fine in another computer with Windows XP installed on it.

Have you tried using a different USB port?

Back
Top Bottom