Windows 7 IRQL BSOD when gaming

Ran the HDD test and the report says that everything is fine. I'll test and switch out the RAM when I have the chance and time.
HDD Report.PNG

The SMART looks nice.

If this is an option for you, run prime95-blend per each stick of RAM and then test the good stick in each slots.

Do so only if both sticks appear good, as it can be a bad slot actually.
I switched both of the ram to the opposite slots. Ran prime95 and it showed 100 warnings but no errors. It then blue screened. So does that mean one of the ram sticks is bad? I will test each stick per slot tomorrow when I have the time

Last edited:
Yes, that means hardware fault. Try per each stick of RAM, this way you might be able to find which stick is faulty.

Yes, that means hardware fault. Try per each stick of RAM, this way you might be able to find which stick is faulty.
I tested each stick for 20-30 minutes and it didn't crash or show any errors? What do I have to do next? Should I retest with different settings or time and maybe run them per slot? And I didn't post a minidump I got when I was doing some browsing.

Attachments

• Minidump.rar
    25.8 KB · Views: 220
I tested each stick for 20-30 minutes and it didn't crash or show any errors? What do I have to do next? Should I retest with different settings or time and maybe run them per slot?

1. Run per slot with the good stick in.
2. If both slots are fine, get a new matching pair of sticks and enjoy.

1. Run per slot with the good stick in.
2. If both slots are fine, get a new matching pair of sticks and enjoy.
I switched the ram up in a different order. It didn't crash when I ran prime95 for an hour. Anyways if I experience any issues or blue screens I'll post back in the forums.

I tested each stick for 20-30 minutes and it didn't crash or show any errors?

Half an hour is not enough, a good stick will run all day long without crashes. If you're using prime95, run it at least 3 hrs. Memtest - 10 passes overnight. Normal pc work with the good stick in - should be running all day long without crashes.

Back