Windows 7 Is Deleting OEM safe?

bluetooth

Hi guys,

I have a Toshiba Satelite C650 Laptop, it previously came with Windows 7 Home Premium. What I did, I did clean install of Windows 7 Professional, thus deleting the OEM that it came with. I have now a peculiar problem of having laptop charged upto 99% only and it shows Plugged in, Not Charging after that. I have to remove the battery while it is connected to power to get it charged. Support Engineer says, deleting the OEM caused it. Is it true guys? Please help me on this.

Thanks in advance..:)

Like most laptops, there is a special app that the manufacturers make for charging up the battery along with a driver. Go to Toshiba's website and download it from there. Just input your make and model #.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Hi guys,

I have a Toshiba Satelite C650 Laptop, it previously came with Windows 7 Home Premium. What I did, I did clean install of Windows 7 Professional, thus deleting the OEM that it came with. I have now a peculiar problem of having laptop charged upto 99% only and it shows Plugged in, Not Charging after that. I have to remove the battery while it is connected to power to get it charged. Support Engineer says, deleting the OEM caused it. Is it true guys? Please help me on this.

Thanks in advance..:)

No this isn't true at all, the battery when charged to 99-100% will just say Plugged in. This happens with all my laptops and even my phone. So there's nothing to worry about

Last edited:
Back