Windows 7 Is The Answer to Re-install Windows 7 Over Itself?

matrixmainframe

I am having a number of minor but niggling problems with my computer like
1 After installing the latest update of Nokia Ovi Suite I can no longer connect my Nokia phone to my computer as Nokia Ovi Suite will not, or cannot, install the drivers.

2 My web browsing is sometimes quite slow.

I have tried: deleting Temporary Internet Files; running CCleaner; running Anti Malware software; running sfc /scannow and booting from my Windows repair disk but without success.

It may be that I have, or some Windows update has, corrupted some system files.

My question is this, is it possible to repair any files that may have been corrupted by re-installing Windows 7 over itself?

Any views or comments would be most welcome.

My computer specs are as follows:

Motherboard Name ASRock K10N78D
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate N 6.1.7600 (Win7 RTM) 64bit
CPU Type AMD Phenom II X2 Black Edition 550 (DualCore), 3100 MHz
System Memory 6GB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GT 220 (1024 MB)
Hard Disk 2 x Hitachi Deskstar 500Gb
Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385
Antivirus AVG Freeware
Firewall Windows own

Welcome back :)

If you believe some of your system files are corrupted, it would be beneficial to run an Integrity Check.
To do this, run CMD as an admin, and type "sfc /scannow". This will attempt to automatically repair any violations or corrupted files.

As for your internet experience: Have you verified you have sufficient bandwidth for a fast browsing experience?
Also, have you checked to make sure there's not an excessive amount of addons running within IE that are causing the slowdown?
Try using Google Chrome www.chrome.google.com as a browser, report if it's faster.

No need to reinstall just yet! :)

Back