Windows 7 Is There A Documents and Settings Folder in WIN7?

Golfjunky

Hello. I'm very new to Win7, and this is my first time here at this forum. I just upgraded from XP about a week ago. I was wondering if Win7 has a Documents and Settings folder similar to XP. I go to Windows Explorer>C:\>Users. When I double click on Users, I see three folders, one is Default, one with my name, and one named Public. No Documents and Settings folder. Am I doing something wrong? I have show hidden folders enabled.

Yes. There is a Documents and Settings folder. It is a hidden system folder now. You can see it by altering the Tools - Folder Options - View default settings, but the settings are best left.
The folder is there for backwrad compatibility with older installation programs, adn is known as a "junction" folder. When old 8XP for example) programs are installed, they find the folder and so are not disrupted, and the canticiupated contents are then automatically tansferred to the new folders designated for the purpose. It is very unwise to attempt to alter the security on these (there are several) folders

Back