Windows 10 Is There a ”Universal” Password Manager?

JandN2639

We have a desktop PC, 2+ laptop PCs, 2 iPhones, an Samsung Galaxy S10e, a few iPads, and a few Kindle Fires.

We have Keepass on our desktop, but we have found that it does not transfer to our other devices. This means that we either have to email ourselves copies of all passwords, or we need a different system.

Is there a password manager that will share information across all our devices?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LastPass offers a free account and the premium is $3/month and works on all of those platforms

RoboForm, LastPass, Dashlane, 1Password and BitWarden are all excellent password managers some are free and some are pay only. But they all sync across all those devices.

Which is why others, including myself, have suggested LastPass, Roboforms or 1Pass or Dashlane which do sync credentials across devices.

How can we do that? The account data does not automatically transfer between devices, and there is no place to add files.

I was surprised that individual suggested copying our KeePass file!

KeePass is actually very good! Because it's open sourced and not a commercial cloud service you don't have to worry about a bound to happen DB leak or vulnerability (like LastPass and others have had, minor or major). But yeah you have to encrypt it and pick a cloud service like Dropbox if you want to sync across multiple devices, THEN you have to find compatible services for whatever OS those devices use. So it's not an easy set up. But it's not a bad one either.

For people who don't know how to write code, it doesn't seem feasible.

There really should be a way to use our account across at least several of our devices. After all, it wasn't free!

You don't need to know how to code at all. It just takes more time then creating an account and downloading an app like the mainstream ones. You just have to read up a lot more to know how to use it. But yeah the mainstream ones are very easy to setup and manage.

There's some paid client versions for your phones Android and iOS but there's also free ones, the good ones are free. And the PC desktop version is free. I'd stay clear of any pay versions of KeePass as they might be jankie.

NP, no kidding. I didn't start to use a password manager till maybe 3 years ago. I just re-used passwords for junk stuff, but same e-mail address SMH. And keep important ones on a spreadsheet. But I also didn't have multiple devices like I do now and family members have online accounts for school and outside school activities etc. So any password manager, long as one's used, is the way to go now a days. It's just too difficult to manage one's own personal accounts without one much less an entire family.

I used it way back when it first started as a form filler, for just that. But never used it as a password manager. I just checked out the website. It has a pretty nice UI!
I've been using 1Password for a while now and really like it. I've used KeePass, BitWarden and LastPass. But have settled on 1Password now. They all do the same thing and I feel comfortable with them. But it was 1Password's UI that sold me.

Back