Windows 10 Is there a way to disable auto arrange in Windows 10 Home version 1803

doctrout

My computer recently forced me to update to the new version of Windows 10 Home (version 1803) and now, it will not allow me to disable the auto arrange feature even though I have downloaded a .bat file that is supposed to so so! However, I have over 3,000 documents stored on my computer which I have placed in folders and I need to arrange the folders in a particular order so that I find both the correct folder and the correct document when I need it. So, is there a way to disable the auto arrange feature in Windows 10 Home version 1803?

You can right click on the area your in say the Documents folder and from the drop down menu choose the option for setting the files in an order which you'd like but i suppose you already know this and need something slightly different?

No, that is not what I need. I used to be able to download and install a .bat file that would disable the auto arrange feature and thus allow me to disable auto arrange in a folder that I created by right clicking on a blank space and then clicking on View/Auto arrange and then clicking on "Align to grid" but, the .bat file no longer works with the latest version.

Back