Windows 7 Issue: Display Settings

displayissue

The past couple of days, I've felt like my backlight on my display has been dim, and I know it's Win7 because I had Vista before & never had this issue. Anyway, I was randomly poking around and found the 'Calibrate Display Color' icon on the Control Panel. Once I tweaked that, it looks completely normal again--it seemed to be a problem with the Gamma settings. It seems that once I reboot or shut down, the settings reset and it's back to a dim looking Windows that really makes it difficult to see text on the screen. How can I make these settings permanent once I set them?

Thanks for your response!

Your computer specs would be helpful especially the exact make and model of your display adapter and where you downloaded the drivers from.

Okay, I have a Gateway M-1617 notebook. The specs are all right here: M-1617 Notebook Specifications. The real problem is that I have to readjust the gamma everytime I want to use my computer, or the colors look too dark. I downloaded the drivers straight from Gateway's Support Website, which has drivers by model, so it's impossible that I could've chosen the wrong one. Thanks for your help!

I looked on ATI's site and the have an advisory stating to download the drivers from the manufacturer,

Go to Control Panel >Device Manager and see if there are any yellow flags next to any entry.

Did this occur immediately after install?

Was this a :clean: install an upgrade?

Back