Issue with the display

Johncoool

Extraordinary Member
The issue started when the Laptop was still running Windows 7 and then it was upgraded to Win10.

From time to time the screen would do one of three things. The display would either be totally black or have lower resolution on it or the screen would be split into many smaller areas.

This usually happens when I lift the lid up and the PC would be running normally and not in hibernate or sleeping or even HDD off mode.

I found a way to get it to work normally without needing to restart it. I would just disconnect the power connection and close the lid for a few seconds and then once I lift it up it would be working normally once again.

I did update the VGA card driver but with no change to this issue.

Is there a known solution for this problem?

Last edited:
It might be worth checking the manufacturers page for your machine and see what updates are available. You may find the bios needs updating or similar?
Failing that or if you can't find one, post the make and model and we'll look for you.

The Laptop is a Sony Vaio VPCCW26FA

It seems to be a common problem with Sony laptops. I found the two below videos about this and one of them is an official Sony Video.

In the videos they only cover the back screen or display issue only.

Does it mean that it does not have a better solution?

Hello,

Since you are the Site Admin then I would like to take permission from you to submit some PC guides that I created.

It is my way of contributing.

I had those guides posted in Windows Eight forum after I took permission from the site Admin.

After I submitted the 4th one I was banned as a Spammer. I contacted the Administrator but he did not change his mind.

The guides have a lot of links to tools that required for it to work. but none of it is Spam, If he tested them then there would have not been any problems.

I noticed a section Under Resources for User submitted. Can I use that to submit my Guides?

Please let me know.

Well basically anyone is free to post 'guides' as long as nothing else is being promoted or advertised otherwise it may well be seen as spam.

Ok, Where can I post the guides.

Is there a way to keep them offline until I complete editing them. Because I need time to be sure that all is ok.

Ok, Where can I post the guides.
Depends on what they relate to, if it's Windows 11 or Win 10 then simply post in the relevant section. Same goes for previous window versions, there's no actual section for guides.

Unfortunately we can't keep them offline.

Well the guides work on Windows 7,8 and 10 but not sure if they will work in Win11 because they changed many things in regards to security.

Is there a way to store the work as drafts before I submit it?

Is there a way to lock the thread to be read only?

Can you create a place for guides or can I use the below link to submit there as guides?

Is there a way to store the work as drafts before I submit it?
As i wrote above, unfortunately not.
Is there a way to lock the thread to be read only?
There is but that is at the admins discretion and not always needed.

Can you create a place for guides or can I use the below link to submit there as guides?
Simply post the guide/s is the relevant section. The link you posted is for resources.

Ok,

Then I want you to review each one after I submit it so that you make sure that it is not spam and I get banned.

Should I use P.M. to inform you that it is ready for review?

Would it be a good idea to lock each one to be read only?

The point of them is that they get indexed by all search engines and then people who are online can find them. So it might increase traffic. I know that one of them always had visitors and not just members checking it.

Ok,

Then I want you to review each one after I submit it so that you make sure that it is not spam and I get banned.

Should I use P.M. to inform you that it is ready for review?

Would it be a good idea to lock each one to be read only?

The point of them is that they get indexed by all search engines and then people who are online can find them. So it might increase traffic. I know that one of them always had visitors and not just members checking it.
If the guides send people off to paid software that have affiliate links then no they will likely be removed or the affiliate links deleted. The point of any tutorial or walkthrough should be to help the site visitors get something fixed not market the software to them. And no we don't generally lock the tutorial threads as someone may want to respond to them with important information and/or questions. If you want to post them I suppose you can under Windows 10 Tutorials, Windows 8 Tutorials sub-forums, etc. I guess we will read them and determine if its valid or not. Thank you @johncoool2 ol2

sounds a bit like the old lid switch bug that Microsoft causes by replacing Motherboard drivers... they didn't bother to fix it because laptops are a toss in the bin product

i don't see why you need 3rd party tools to unplug power \ close a lid but if you post in the tutorial thread I will take the time to look at it

To any site admin:

Thanks to all. I have posted several tutorials.

Please give me edit access to the #1 post in the below link that posted on the 10th of Jan 2022. The edit option has expired.

I recently noticed that the CMD command that I used is incomplete and will not work as stated.

If it is not possible to give me access back to it then I will place the details here and one of you might be able to help out and do it on my behalf.

Thank you for responding and assisting.

Capture.PNG

Please find the command as showing in the above image and edit as follows. Please keep it in italic font.

net user administrator /active:yes

Depends on what they relate to, if it's Windows 11 or Win 10 then simply post in the relevant section. Same goes for previous window versions, there's no actual section for guides.

Unfortunately we can't keep them offline.

By accident I found a way to create a thread and keep it hidden.

One time I was creating a thread and when I was almost done the system crashed.

So I opened it from another PC and when I went to start a new thread again I found the same one saved to the same point it was at before.

Back
Top Bottom