Windows 7 Issues with Bluetooth PS3 BD Remote

Kaleido

Hello,

I've been using a PS3 Bluetooth remote (model: CECHZR1E) on my Sony Vaio SVE1512E6EW which has atheros qualcomm bluetooth AR3012 built in.

All my drivers are up to date, but yesterday my remote stopped working.

It now shows up as "offline".

My other bluetooth device (Canon X-Mark mouse) is working like a charm.

Obviously I've tried replacing the batteries, but no change.

I've also tried removing / re-adding the device, but this was not so simple:
First off, the pairing mode doesn't last long enough for windows to connect unless i keep pressing buttons repeatedly. I was then able to reconnect the device, but it went numb almost instantly after.

When I try to remove the device it just says "failed to remove device"

The remote itself is hardly 3 months old and I've been using it without any problem since then. I haven't dropped it or anything either.

Any help / guidance would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

I'd contact Sony directly. It may have gone defective and if it's still under warranty Sony should replace it.

Thanks for your reply, but today I turned bluetooth on & off (which also resulted in a couple of error blue screens and subsequent reboots) and after that I was able to reconnect the remote.

Not sure what I can do to prevent it in the future...

I'm not sure either, as I don't use IR or Bluetooth devices, I'm all wired. Just keep an eye on it and see what happens.

Hello,

I've been using a PS3 Bluetooth remote (model: CECHZR1E) on my Sony Vaio SVE1512E6EW which has atheros qualcomm bluetooth AR3012 built in.

All my drivers are up to date, but yesterday my remote stopped working.

It now shows up as "offline".

My other bluetooth device (Canon X-Mark mouse) is working like a charm.

Obviously I've tried replacing the batteries, but no change.

I've also tried removing / re-adding the device, but this was not so simple:
First off, the pairing mode doesn't last long enough for windows to connect unless i keep pressing buttons repeatedly. I was then able to reconnect the device, but it went numb almost instantly after.

When I try to remove the device it just says "failed to remove device"

The remote itself is hardly 3 months old and I've been using it without any problem since then. I haven't dropped it or anything either.

Any help / guidance would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Have you had cause to do a hard shutdown recently or used a Registry cleaner? It might be that the files became corrupted and you restarting it sorted the issue. Try checking the event log to see if you can pin point any events which may be linked.

Back
Top Bottom