Windows 7 Issues with choppy play on my new laptop

sjloder

Ok first off Im a noob on graphics and such so excuse any noob questions but ok I bought a new laptop just to have something to mess around with while traveling. Well I loaded Medal of Honor: Allied Assault onto the comuputer. Being that the game is so old (2002) I thought I would have no issues playing the game. However, when I get into to gameplay, whether online or offline, if I dont move the mouse the game is runs perfect. Colors, textures, other players move and look perfect. But when I start moving the mouse left to right it gets really choppy. Say I do a circle with my mouse, its only choppy about half the movement, the other half is fine. I have adjusted the settings in game to as low as possible with no change. I adjusted to the highest with no change. I tried running as an administrator, under compatibility mode (windows XP) and still no changes. Imrc the fps where running like 100, then movement would bring it down to 50-60. But I could be wrong at that. I was using fraps to record it, and that program itself seem to slow everything down also. Some have told me its an issue with directx10 and older games but Im not sure. Here are the specs. Its a base laptop I know, but my 6 year old Dell can play the game and its a crappy pc. Im dumbfounded to why a brand new computer cant. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Specs:
2.2 GHz Intel Celeron Processor 900 with 1MB L2 cache and 800MHz FSB
Mobile Intel GL40 Express Chipset
2GB DDR3 RAM
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M processor
160GB SATA Hard Disk

Ok first off Im a noob on graphics and such so excuse any noob questions but ok I bought a new laptop just to have something to mess around with while traveling. Well I loaded Medal of Honor: Allied Assault onto the comuputer. Being that the game is so old (2002) I thought I would have no issues playing the game. However, when I get into to gameplay, whether online or offline, if I dont move the mouse the game is runs perfect. Colors, textures, other players move and look perfect. But when I start moving the mouse left to right it gets really choppy. Say I do a circle with my mouse, its only choppy about half the movement, the other half is fine. I have adjusted the settings in game to as low as possible with no change. I adjusted to the highest with no change. I tried running as an administrator, under compatibility mode (windows XP) and still no changes. Imrc the fps where running like 100, then movement would bring it down to 50-60. But I could be wrong at that. I was using fraps to record it, and that program itself seem to slow everything down also. Some have told me its an issue with directx10 and older games but Im not sure. Here are the specs. Its a base laptop I know, but my 6 year old Dell can play the game and its a crappy pc. Im dumbfounded to why a brand new computer cant. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Specs:
2.2 GHz Intel Celeron Processor 900 with 1MB L2 cache and 800MHz FSB
Mobile Intel GL40 Express Chipset
2GB DDR3 RAM
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M processor
160GB SATA Hard Disk

Well I suspect that your minimal hardware specs are making the situation worse. Your chipset only has 256 Mb and can share ram with the system but the system only has 2 gigs so nothing to be shared.

The fact that when you move the mouse (which uses huge amounts of memory (graphics and normal) ) makes me suspect that is the case.

Since it is happening online and off it isnt networkong, so it has to be hardware/software related.

Have you opened task manager (right click task bar) to see you ram and cpu usage at the time the system stutters?

Ken J

Well I suspect that your minimal hardware specs are making the situation worse. Your chipset only has 256 Mb and can share ram with the system but the system only has 2 gigs so nothing to be shared.

The fact that when you move the mouse (which uses huge amounts of memory (graphics and normal) ) makes me suspect that is the case.

Since it is happening online and off it isnt networkong, so it has to be hardware/software related.

Have you opened task manager (right click task bar) to see you ram and cpu usage at the time the system stutters?

Ken J

I havent. I will do that now.

Ken J

ok.... CPU is at 100% the majority of the time and memory is 900mb

Back