Windows 7 Joining a Work Group and creating an User Account

computerlady143

I just set up a Windows 7 Professional Workstation - and I joined the Domain. Everything is fine except and app we using - E-Copy. I checked the settings on the Printer/ Scanner - In the network settings - it shows "Work Group". I didn't make a work group profile. I joined the Domain first. So my only options is to log into the Domain. I assuming that I can join the work group which I didn't know the name at the time but I do now. Then I will make a profile under the work group setting. Then I should have the options to log into the local computer or the Domain. IS this correct? I then assuming I will be a member of the Work Group and Domain? I am going to try this in about 2 hours. After that I am going to join back into the Domain.

Last edited:
Look in network settings and on advanced tab scroll down and check use user accounts and passwords to log in. See if that helps.
Joe

I don't understand? Will that tell me if I a member of the Work group? I assuming once I join the workgroup I will create another user profile. Then I will re-join the domain. Now I will have 2 profiles and when I go to log in then I will have 2 options either the domain or as the displays shows log into this computer and it Will show the computer name- correct

I saw your conversation about using HomeGroup. This page may shed some light on your issue. Go to Link Removed due to 404 Error to see more.

Back