Joining a Work Group and creating an User Account

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by computerlady143, Jun 8, 2010.

1. computerlady143

computerlady143 Well-Known Member

I just set up a Windows 7 Professional Workstation - and I joined the Domain. Everything is fine except and app we using - E-Copy. I checked the settings on the Printer/ Scanner - In the network settings - it shows "Work Group". I didn't make a work group profile. I joined the Domain first. So my only options is to log into the Domain. I assuming that I can join the work group which I didn't know the name at the time but I do now. Then I will make a profile under the work group setting. Then I should have the options to log into the local computer or the Domain. IS this correct? I then assuming I will be a member of the Work Group and Domain? I am going to try this in about 2 hours. After that I am going to join back into the Domain.

#1 computerlady143, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  2. Joe S

Joe S Excellent Member

Look in network settings and on advanced tab scroll down and check use user accounts and passwords to log in. See if that helps.
    Joe

3. computerlady143

computerlady143 Well-Known Member

I don't understand? Will that tell me if I a member of the Work group? I assuming once I join the workgroup I will create another user profile. Then I will re-join the domain. Now I will have 2 profiles and when I go to log in then I will have 2 options either the domain or as the displays shows log into this computer and it Will show the computer name- correct

4. w7pro

w7pro Banned

I saw your conversation about using HomeGroup. This page may shed some light on your issue. Go to bit.ly/Win7ProNetworking to see more.