Windows 7 Joining Windows 7 to Domain

mrt731

I have a Windows Server 2008 running in a virtual machine. And when I tried to add a Windows 7 Professional computer to the domain, I get a DNS error saying that an attempt to reach the DNS name and join my server has failed. I have successfully gotten 3 Windows XP machines (2 virtual and 1 physical) joined to this server but I am having problems with Windows 7. What am I doing wrong.

More Info:
Server is running in VMWare
Also tried in Virtual PC with same error

I have a similar problem

IDK try disabling ip6. Also disable bonjour services too. I don't have a link but, a reg find should locate it. I am dealing with the same thing here at work. We just got a win 7 machine, and It does not recognize the domain. It is weird though. I got it to find the other computers on the network, I can use my domain user/pass to comptete tasks but when i try and tell win 7 it is part of our domain it says that it can't find the domain. I am stumped anyone have a clue here??

No Soultion Yet

I disabled ipv6 and bonjour is not running. Im just throwing it out there but on the services list, I cant get netlogon to start on the Windows 7 Machine. Anyone have a solution here?

Back