Windows 10 KB4598291 won't install

bochane

Excellent Member
Preview Quality Update KB4598291 ends with Error 0x800f081f, you may try it later..
I am using an Acer Aspire E5-575G-55N, Windows Home 64, version 10.0.19042
Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Optional Quality Update KB4598291 ends with Error 0x800f081f, you may try it later..
I am using an Acer Aspire E5-575G-55N, Windows Home 64, version 10.0.19042
Any thoughts?
Your not the only one getting that error or similar errors. That said....I took the leap and installed it. Not an issue for me......but that's on a custom build not a OEM PC.

When I decided to install the update I keep getting a note reading not enough space. So I chose the option to free up space. One was getting rig of this One Drive option. Have no idea what that us. Never use that. So I chose to explore that and receive a window that I don’t gave a application that will access this. So I installed one from the Microsoft Store and I still see the same window.
One option that I have is to format the hard drive then install Windows XP. XP is easier to use than Windows 10. I will still have 2 Windows 10 computers. One is a Lenovo and the other is a Dell.
'Not enough space', this differs from my problem. Please open this in a new thread, and installing XP is not a good idea. We will discuss it in your new thread.
Welcome and thanks for helping

What I tried so far:
* in-place upgrade and repair, not using the ISO, but started from within Windows itself:
. . still the same
* switch off F-Secure:
. . nothing changed
* download the upgrade and run it:
. . no avail
* in cmd with Admin rights:
- * sfc /scannow:
. . Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
- * dism /online /Cleanup-image /restorehealth:
. . The restore operation completed successfully.
. . The operation completed successfully.
* Run the installation problemsolver:
. . one repair, nevertheless installation failed again

I am close to out off options....

Last edited:
* Creating a bootable USB with the Media Creation Tool ends in error: 0x80070013-0xA001B
* Removing in Safesave mode contents of C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution: again no result

I hate to admit that I could not find a solution, so I reinstalled Windows :mad:
I am with you here, Bochane. I run 4 machines and neither would install this KB458291 update. But I found a way to stop all Updates. Go to All Settings, Security then hit the Pause for 7 days. Keep hitting the prompt and every time a 7 day period will be added. I am up to 4 weeks now. Time will tell.

For the time being KB458291 is just an option, you don't have to install it. Maybe you are better of, leaving that update apart, but installing all other (security) updates.
B.t.w. after reinstalling Windows, that update installed!

Back