Windows 7 Kernal Data Error BSOD

Hi,
as you seem to have an ongoing issue with Blue screens and I assume the same machine it makes sense to merge your threads into one large one. This way it helps whoever is debugging in terms of previous debugging history and issues that have been affecting your hardware. As we never close threads it would help enormously if you would continue to use the same thread as opposed to creating new ones each time.
You can always post the zip file to somewhere like Megashare and then post the link. I'll also see if there is an issue uploading folders..

Edit: there is an issue. Hopefully will be fixed soon.

Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800a1074e0, fffff8800f62e584, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+14b584 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
the dump files are almost a carbon copy of previous dumps you've sent in. You have a Bugcheck A, Bugcheck 1A and the above. Checking the previous attempts at trying to fix this issue I notice that the gpu driver has been updated by you several times but yet there still seems to be an issue. Looking at the other dump files that you sent Bugcheck 1A means a severe memory management issue occurred and this could be down to a faulty stick of RAM and this isn't the first time you've posted this bugcheck.
Now if i remember correctly driver wise is a bit of a lost cause due to the supplier of the machine which is a shame as they really could do with updating. So let's concentrate on what we can affect which at the moment is the RAM. If you have two sticks try removing one and see if the machine runs ok. If it does swap the sticks over and try again. Test both sticks and you may find one bsod's and one doesn't.
Also have you downloaded any driver updates via Windows update recently? If so try rolling back the drivers.
As your issue has more or less been the same all the way through your posting here it may help if you reviewed earlier posts and some of my suggestions.

Hmmm, a RAM issue would make sense I guess, I've not installed much stuff lately and have been noticing my laptop has been running some games a lot less smoothly than it had been just a few weeks ago (and been getting slower in general)! Unfortunately I have no idea where to begin when it comes to disassembling laptops so it's probably going to have to be a case of getting some more tech minded friends to have a check for me (or something to learn myself once I get a new laptop).

I've not downloaded any driver updates since the first BSOD as I disabled driver updates that first time (and eventually disabled updates altogether a short while back so there may be a few updates I could do with installing).

I'll do a test with memtest as well, probably sometime this weekend (I don't usually get chance to use my laptop for more than about 6 hours a day during the week although I usually keep it in sleep mode whenever I'm not using it) and I'll get the results posted back here when it's done. (I hadn't done one after the last BSOD I got as this is the first one I've had since trying all your previous suggestions, so they're fairly infrequent fortunately).

Ok sounds good... Just remember if Memtest86 turns up with no errors that may mean you've simply not run it for long enough. In this instance I would try the single RAM stick method.

Okay, so I have a new laptop, and what do you know, having had it less than 2 months, got my first blue screen on it today....and from the blue screen itself it looked remarkably similar to some of the crashes on my other laptop. Circumstance surrounding it: whole laptop froze midgame on football manager 2015, so had to switch off manually. rebooted laptop, try to relaunch game, blue screen. No updates made recently (have deactivated auto updates AND made sure that graphics driver updates don't occur in windows updates), had been running fine until a few minutes ago. I was able to relaunch fm15 again no problems post bluescreen though. (This laptop does seem less accident proof though - I managed to trip over the wire a couple of weeks ago and it fell on floor for first time since buying and already sustained a slightly damaged audio jack so I'm hoping there's no physical damage to the RAM as the same thing happened again about a week later!)

(I totally forgot to run that memory test on my other laptop btw!)

Edit: now it just completely froze on minecraft too

Edit 2: so i just ran the windows problem solver - and it's indicating the NVIDIA graphics card is the problem, again (like it did with my other laptop)....needless to say I'm going to get this checked at a computer repair shop at some point to see if they can confirm

Attachments

• W7F_28-06-2015.zip
    743.9 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8015561010, fffff8800f39a530, 0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+14f530 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
as you can see from the above that it is indeed the graphics driver which is being flagged as a probably cause. I tried checking the support page for your model but see it's exactly the same model as your old laptop which if you remember has no support page as such for things like drivers.
So you could try this:
Uninstall the installed gpu driver using this application:
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/ddudownload.htm
You'll need to boot into safe mode to do so but this app will make sure no loose ends are left lying around.
Here is the latest gpu driver for your set up:
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/86584/en-uk

Lastly dropping the laptop is possibly the worse thing that could happen as shock is the quickest way to kill a machine. You must try and be careful when it comes to dropping the laptop as it's extremely bad for it.

Back