Windows 7 Kernel-Power Event ID 41 Task Category (63)

Mattys

I'm getting frequent reboots on my machine and after reading a few threads about Kernel-Power 41 i've already done the following to see if i can fix the problem.

System Setup

AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 965
Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P
Kingston Hyperx 2x2GB DDR3 1600mhz 9-9-9-27 1.7v - 1.9v
ATI Radeon 5770
2x Maxtor 6L200M0 in Raid 0
1x SATA DVDRW
Hiper 580w Type R 2x12v Rails (20a on 12v1) (18a on 12v2)

Also
Creative XFI Fatal1ty
ASUS ES2-750 Tv Tuner
The Above 2 are not connected neither installed and i still have Kernel-Power reboots.

Updated Bios/Drivers to latest
Disabled AMD Cool and Quiet
Disabled CCC
Set RAM timings to 9-9-9-27 and 1.7v, also tried 1.8v and 1.9. and in 1600 and 1333
Ran memtest no errors
Clean Install of Windows 7 64bit with only one stick of RAM, GPU, Hard Drive, and CDROM - Hard Drives are running in raid 0

Note.

I had the set-up with the XFI and TV Tuner in working flawlessly for 2-3 months then when playing mass effect 2 it crashed and i had to power of. Upon reboot i had the computer hang at verifying DMI pool data. Update Success!

That is when I decided to format and reinstall with minimum components listed in system specs further up in this post and now I'm getting these Kernel-Power errors.

Event Log

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-03-14T21:54:19.510040100Z" />
<EventRecordID>1543</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Matty-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">278</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0xfffffa80066f9410</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xfffff88006e5869c</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x2</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Ill also attach the mini dump file to this post if someone would be able to take a look and identify the problem.

Many Thanks
Mattys

Attachments

• 031410-33555-01.zip
    24.6 KB · Views: 280
Matty's - I've got a very similar system build and I get the same critical event with a BSOD and then an incomplete shutdown with restart; happens randomly but more often as time goes on. It happens with WIN 7 64 bit and not with my old XP SP3. Frustrated with no answers. Event log looks like a duplicate of yours.
I 'm anxious to see if someone comes to your rescue.

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3000 Mhz 4 core
Gigabyte GA-MA790GPT-UD3H
ATI Radeon HD5700

What power supply do you have??

i havn't tried another operating system but thats all i can put it down to! ive tried everything except for the motherboard, so if i dont find a solution soon i think ill RMA the motherboard becasue all my other components work flawlessly in another system.

Kernel-Power Event ID 41 Category (63)

Mattys -
I have a new Antec TruePower New TP-750 750W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V V2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC ". I've read in some forums where some guy adjusted voltages in his bios to solve this problem using WIN 7 64 bit. I'm been doing some troubleshooting the last few days and I may have eliminated the critical errors with the out of the blue shutdowns and restarts. I have a home weather station; I use the software "HeavyWeather" to get the info from my weather station to my computer. Then I use another program "WUHU" to auto publish it on a weather website. Since I've stopped HeavyWeather from running, my problem has stopped, at least for 24 hours. It may be a software incompatibility issue with WIN 7 64 bit. But my error log looks duplicate to yours.

Try trial and error "stopping" one at a time those programs you have that maybe aren't "WIN 7 64 bit advertised" compatible. See if you can go more than a day or two without those shutdowns; then you may be on to something.

I will send a post in the next couple days to confirm if stopping this weather program fixes it. The thing that I remember is when I first loaded Win 7 64 bit it didn't have this problem. Then after a week or two when I either loaded something or changed something this problem started, so it may be incompatible software related.

ye mine worked flawless for a month or two at first then i started getting these errors, maybe it is software related, but i have done a clean install of Win7 64 and just installed my drivers and i seem to get the problem. Then i did another clean instal with minimum componenets andl it worked fine for over 48 hours so then i added my TV card that worked good for 24 then when i put my XFI in and installed it boom random crashes. The card is definately not faulty as i tested that in another machine also i noticed that when windows boots into the logon screen and to the desktop the transition doesnt go smooth and is rather slow, thats with and without the XFI installed. i've got a new PSU on order as i need a higher wattage as i have another 5770 to put in, so when that arrives ill see if it my psu if not think ill just RMA my motherboard. look forward to hearing about your software testing.

Mattys,

That was it. It's fixed, no more BSOD by terminating the program Heavyweather.

Also see in a forum someone else who had the same BSODs and he solved it also with stopping Heavyweather.

Back
Top Bottom