Windows 7 Kernel-power, Event id: 41 windows 7 64-bit

kre4tur3

Hello, I have this issue with my system randomly restartings and BSOD'ing. I went into my event viewer and this is the data it gave me. I've tried an entire system whipe, i fully reformatted my drives, updated my BIOS, performed a system FIX/ disk check, no viruses, all drivers are up todate. I've seen some similar posts but i have actual values for the bugcheck parameters. I also performed a RAM test and i've come up with nothing. I also reseated all my components. Nothing is over clocked. The problem is random, sometimes its for days on end it runs fine, other times it several times a day. The system can have no load on it, or it can have a load on it. I also have my hybernation and sleep modes disabled.

It also freezes up or blue screens almost everytime i do a windows update.

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 11/20/2011 12:52:30 AM
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Kre4tur3s-pc
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="Link Removed due to 404 Error">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-11-20T06:52:30.309220700Z" />
<EventRecordID>6079</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Kre4tur3s-pc</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">26</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x5002</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xfffff781c0000000</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x8131</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x108130fffffffe</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

My system set up is:
MoBo: Asus p6x58d Premium
CPU: Intel I7 950
RAM: 6 gigs Corsair Dominator
GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 460 se in SLI
HD: 2 WD in raid 0 and 1 seagate as a mass storage device
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 RX 750w

misc components: Corsair H50 hydrocoolers for CPU
Dynex media card reader
LG DVD burner drive
AZZA Hurricane 2000 case

Please let know if any of you have a fix for this. Possibly the power supply? Thanks

Someone with more experience might disagree, but I believe the message you are showing is the result of and not the cause.

Have you gotten any actual Blue Screens and do you have the dump files from those? If you aren't sure, there is a sticky in the BSOD forum explaining what type of information the experts might need.

If it happens with Windows Update, it might be a network situation. Have you updated the Network adapter drivers?

Does even viewer show any other consistent errors or warnings that occur around the time of the shutdowns?

Do you know you have good power from the plug? Any other devices on that wiring circuit that might be related?

If you can't find the problem, you might want to try removing one of the video cards. That would at least lessen the load on the system.

Hello and welcome to the forums.
I believe saltgrass is correct in his assessment and also in his instructions as to the sticky thread in the BSOD forum. So.....
Please read the first post in this sticky thread here How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
Do your best to accumulate the data required.
Run the SF Diagnostic tool (download and right click the executable and choose run as administrator)
Download and run CPUz. Use the Windows snipping tool to gather images from all tabs including all slots populated with memory under the SPD tab.
Likewise RAMMon. Export the html report, put everything into a desktop folder that you've created for this purpose, zip it up and attach it to your next post (right click it and choose send to, compressed (zipped) folder.
Good luck
Randy

If no dump file is created when you bsod make sure you set the settings thusly:
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

Also dump files will not be created if you have no page file or one that's below 200mb.

Last edited:
Back