Windows 7 Kernel32.dll not working properly

shadows

Extraordinary Member
Hi windows forum
I have a very very very big problem atm and I'm not happy about.
Yesterday I got a malware on my pc because of my stupidity downloading a trainer to a game called Die Young, after I downloaded it and opened the file, it installed a malware itself on my harddrive. Stupidness :(
well after I got infected, it has been traveling through my windows dll files. I did a malwarebytes scan and adwcleaner and removed it, now I had my doubts it will be removed completely. So I had the time doing a complete reinstall of Windows 7 and update to service pack 1 (yeah I know the updates are old and been taken down, luckly I'm able to find the service pack 1 on Microsoft webpage :) )

Here comes the problem:
Right after installing drivers incl. updating windows, I tried to install Discord which I use for games and such.
Then this message appears The procedure entry point SetDefaultDllDerectories could not be located in the dynamic link libary KERNEL32.dll

I have done every solution I could posible find, and I haven't tried the copy dll files you can download from a webpage, which I know its the dumbest thing to do.

I really need your help to try other solutions, I'm frustrated when I get that msg.

I know you guys have some solutions and you are my only hope to get this working again.

Regards Shadows / René

Hi kermical
sorry, the solutions I've tried is either do a complete format of windows 4 times, didn't work
the chsk scan in cmd didn't work either by replacing the file / recovery
Doing a recovery from windows 7 cd didn't work either.

trying to update windows which is kinda imposible atm :/
the link you just posted is already been done by trying to update and gives me this msg > The update is not applicable to your computer.

Though I haven't tried the solution you posted from discord helpsite.
And I wont download a dll file from a site I have no clue about, since I know it will only cause more damage than the actual problem itself :)

Discord is a basic program for gamers, almost like teamspeak but better functions and so on :) I've been using the program for quite some time, since I'm a head-admin on a bf3 server.

Update: I just talked with Discord on their facebook and they are aware of this issue.
The link you posted to the windows update file is working now and rebooted my windows, 195 update :O thank god that I have my day off today to make these updates. I can see its gonna take some time to update even with a 115mbit net :D

Thanks for your reply and time to see if there is a solution to this problem. You guys are always fast to reply and give a proper explanation for what to do.

I always use Skype for gaming with friends but might try this Discord.
Though I haven't tried the solution you posted from discord helpsite.
Might be worth giving it a go?
The other reason I posted the link is because that's the main support section and you could try rephrasing the search parameters (I searched for errors to do with that dll)?

Update: I just talked with Discord on their facebook and they are aware of this issue.
The link you posted to the windows update file is working now and rebooted my windows, 195 update :O thank god that I have my day off today to make these updates. I can see its gonna take some time to update even with a 115mbit net :D

Thanks for your reply and time to see if there is a solution to this problem. You guys are always fast to reply and give a proper explanation for what to do.
Hope it works out, please let us know how you got on.. :)

:O thats absolutly a link I'm gonna save
thanks again Kemical :up:

You should try out Discord. Its much more easier to figure things out and its easy to connect / call others up without making to many configs by using the mic :)

And now you can also video chat in Discord same as Skype :) And As I can remember you can merge Skype to Discord so your friendlist can be add there too.

Last edited:
Update: After hours and billions of updates :D its finally running as it should. I did a complete update of windows 7, made a restore image file (just in case), and now I'm about to update my drivers, keeping my windows up to date and installing virus scanner / malwarebytes. Thanks again Kemical.

Great news!

Thank you for letting us know Rene and all the best for the future.. :)

Back