Windows 8.1 Laptop 'plugged in, charging' but stays at 0%

white_Shadoww

Guys, I own a Sont Vaio Fit 15 notebook. It's just 8 months old but all of a sudden, yesterday my laptop is not charging at all. It says plugged in and charging but even after 2 hours it remains at 0% and when I unplug the charger, it shuts off instantly. Is my battery gone?? Before this problem occurred I had restarted it like 30+ times while trying installing synaptics drivers. Also I let it drain completely to 0%. And then the problem occurred when I tried to charge it after draining fully. Did draining fully or maybe so much restarts damage the battery??

Sent by Cortana on my request from awesome red Lumia 920!

While it is still under warranty, take it back to where you bought it and ask for a battery replacement.
Don't tell them what you did. Just say it won't charge.

Do NOT drain the battery completely to 0%. That "old" practice no longer applicable to nowadays new lithium-ion or lithium-polymer batteries.

While it is still under warranty, take it back to where you bought it and ask for a battery replacement.
Don't tell them what you did. Just say it won't charge.

Do NOT drain the battery completely to 0%. That "old" practice no longer applicable to nowadays new lithium-ion or lithium-polymer batteries.

I mistakenly drained it to 0%. I ignored the low battery warning, and showed laziness for plugging the charger. And it drained. Very big mistake.. Sigh..

do not let it drain to 0% and do not charge it up right to 100% the sweet are is between 10 and 90 % ; )

on topic: since we can suspect a hardware problem, making use of the warranty (which you have as we assume)

do not let it drain to 0% and do not charge it up right to 100% the sweet are is between 10 and 90 % ; )

on topic: since we can suspect a hardware problem, making use of the warranty (which you have as we assume)

Yup. It's under warrenty and I'll use that. And by the way, it was first time I let it drain to 0%, and the battery got hurt..

Back