Windows 10 Laptop wont wake up with mouse or keyboard

LT72884

Ok, so i have my laptop setup to "do nothing" when lid is closed. I have it this way so i can use a monitor and have the laptop in a stand behimd the monitor due to very limited space.

I am runnimg win10. I have a wireless mouse and keyboard hooked up. I went to device manager to ensure that "use this device to wake up pc" was checked on all my devices, and they were.

Not beimg able to wakeup the laptop defeats the purpose of using a monitor and trying to save space. Please help me figure this out:)

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

You will also likely want to make sure USB selective suspend is turned off in your power plan and may also need to turn off power management on the USB hub

You will also likely want to make sure USB selective suspend is turned off in your power plan and may also need to turn off power management on the USB hub
Ok, where are thoae options at? My laptop is about 5 years old.

I also checked my bios to see if there was an option for usb wake, and there was not. Thanks

Suspend is under Control Panel > Power Options > which ever plan you have active > advanced settings

The other options are in Properties > Power Management in Device manager.
You'll need to do it on the USB device itself and the hub it's connected to and the root controller it's connected to. Most systems will only have one controller and possibly multiple hubs

I just tried them all, only 3 had options for power management but the check box for allow to wake was greyed out

Thanks
0429d53c38950fd971040cc3d182b917.jpg

All of them show this and under properties of controller, no power management tab
796ec876ba6a29d7cb90dba097fef905.jpg

You may need to look at the devices in usbview which is part of the Windows debug tool kit. See if you disable the power settings

Is the debug somethkng all ready installed.or do i need to download it from MS? Thanks

All I can tell you is power management is pretty complicated and some devices don't support waking from different power levels. The wireless keyboard/mouse may not support it or the receiver is going to a device power level that is basically off. If that's the case the receiver would have no power and therefore not pick up any transmissions from the keyboard or mouse

Yeah, thats what im thinking is happening. Every thing is at least 5 to 7 years old.

Wait, i do have a newer mouse and keyboard i can try. Didnt even think of that.

Ok, once i have usbview, what am i looking for? I have not downloaded it yet

It just to help see which hubs you need to disable the power off setting in device manager. There are a lot more details in there but not worth explaining them nor do I know what they all are.

Whar doesnt make sense, the same keyboard, mouse etc, will wake up my deaktop pc no issues....

Hmm, so how do i enable that on the laptop then? Isnt d3 wake the same as WOL?

Oh, ok, i was off haha. Well, im guessing im going to have to make a external switch or a mechanical lever of some sorts to push the button on or something like that. Jp has me really locked down. I cant take the laptop appart and make a desktop pc because i do use this for school.

Ok, something new. I left it to sleep for about an hour, came back and even its OWN keyboard and touch pad wont wake it up. I litterally have to puch the blinking power button to wake it up..

Back
Top Bottom