Windows 7 Larger DPI settings skew my other programs

Rae

Hello, Is there a way to make Windows 7 text larger without skewing the size of my other programs? I would like to go higher with my DPI, say 175% to make my text bigger when I am reading articles online. However, when I go this high, it grows all the prompt boxes in other programs such as Paint, Adobe Photoshop, or Google Earth, etc. The prompt boxes are so large, they go outside the main screen. I must grab the header to move it back inside the frame to find the OK, Cancel or Help buttons at bottom of prompt box. Thank you for all your help!

rather than do that how about just changing the view zoom which keeps the layout intact, with firefox all you do is hold control key and roll the middle mouse button to do this instantly, and scales in or out as you like.

Thank you Highwayman, Yes, I see now that the DPI does not make text larger online. It only makes Windows 7 and programs associated with it larger. I have taken my DPI back to 150%.

I know about the zoom in Firefox but that only takes it up one level. Using Control + does make it larger but does not follow me from page to page. I have to toggle ctrl+ each time to grow it. Ugh...... I found this Firefox add-on called
'no-squint'. It grows the page and keeps memory of text size on that particular site for each time you visit. It has a bunch of choices to work with. I added it and it is working for me very well. Yea! Thanks for taking time to answer. Best Wishes in the New Year coming.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2592/

ps. I have always used ctrl+ if text wasn't big enough in XP but that was rarely. Seems text size is much smaller these days. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom