Last Week on Channel 9: May 4th - May 10th, 2015

News

Extraordinary Robot
Robot
Conference season has finally caught up to our Channel 9 producers I think. Here are a select 13 videos from last week. Need more? Well remember you can view Ignite (http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Ignite/2015) and Build (http://channel9.msdn.com/events/build/2015) on-demand now too... :)

Universal Windows Platform UI for Windows 10

Joe Stegman, Group Program Manager for the UI platform, discusses the new Universal Windows Platform, covering topics like performance improvements, compiled bindings, controls, and design principles.

#GameDev w/ @ScruffyFurn: Code Management for the Game Developer

Do you struggle with managing all the complex components of your project? Do you find yourself asking simple questions like “Where should I put this patched code?” and “What’s my next task?” Well, there is a way to improve your project management skills. On this episode, @ScruffyFurn (Mickey MacDonald) sheds light on the importance of source control (Git, Subversion), bug/ task tracking with a variety of tools, including Visual Studio Online. With returning guest – Rory O’Connor....

Building Universal apps using WinJS: (01) Intro to WinJS

In this series we are going to discuss about how we can create modern applications for both Windows and Windows Phone using WinJS. But first, let's make an intro for the new developers.

One year ago, Microsoft introduced a new way to develop applications for both Windows and Windows Phone, known as Windows Universal Apps. This technology promises to developers the ability to share code in both platforms.

This awesome new feature is possible because Windows Phone 8.1 and Window 8.1 apps are based on Runtime which called Windows Runtime (something different from .Net which is limited to create Desktop and Web apps).

TechNet Radio: (Part 19) Building Your Hybrid Cloud - Monitoring and Alerting for Azure Workloads

Keith Mayer and Andy Syrewicze continue our ongoing series on how to “Build Your Cloud” and in this episode they show us how to manage monitoring and alerting for Azure workloads. Tune in they cover various options for monitoring a hybrid cloud environment using built-in tools on Azure.

SQL Unplugged Live Episode 5

Live from Microsoft Ignite in Chicago

Episode 8: Interview with Robert Kessler and Roger Altizer of University of Utah

Level Up is a show devoted to game development. Each show will recap current news and events in gaming, deep dive with a game industry insider, and cover tips for programming or finding resources to help you with game construction. We would love to hear from you with feedback or suggestions for what you would like to see on the show, or just tell us about the projects you are working on. Write us at [email protected]

In this episode, Seth Juarez interviews Robert Kessler and Roger Altizer of University of Utah at GDC 2015

Monday Highlights

Alex Bradley takes a look at the excitement from Day 1 of Microsoft's Ignite. Includes highlights from the Keynote, Foundation Session, and the buzz from the attendees. Check out the Daily Highlights Packages for a snapshot of what it is like to be at Ignite.

Satya Nadella's Keynote from Ignite 2015

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella takes the stage to discuss the company's ambitions, and the importance of technology in empowering people.

Windows 10

Joe Belfiore talks about more personal computing with Windows 10 and what Microsoft is doing to delight end users. This keynote is filled with great demos looking at the Windows 10 core experience on the PC, universal apps on the phone, and security across devices.

B-roll: Microsoft Ignite 2015

Intended for broadcast journalists, this broadcast-quality footage highlights keynotes from the first-ever Ignite Conference in Chicago. It includes clips from Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella; Jose Angel Sanchez, Real Madrid's CEO, talking about Real Madrid's new app; Gurdeep Singh Pall, CVP of Skype; and other executives who announced new products.

Kanban with Visual Studio Online

Kanban with Visual Studio Online

Minecraft Azure Server

Up until now I had only heard about Minecraft. One of my friends suggested I take a look. When I initially played I honestly did not get all of the hype. After a couple of tutorial videos I began to understand the amount of creativity that one could employ in a world of our own making (insert sappy life analogy here if you wish). After a bit I also learned that you can create collaborative worlds where you could be creative with friends and family by standing up a Minecraft server. I wanted to see how hard it would be to do exactly that using the power of Azure: so I made a video! Take a look.

Empowerment

Opening video sequence from before the Day 1 keynote of Microsoft Ignite

Follow @CH9
Follow @gduncan411

njs.gif

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom