Windows Vista Lcd tv and settings for vista

kblackburn

I have a fujitsu-siemens laptop and a new Lcd tv, which i want to connect to, i cannot find a way of setting the laptop for the tv (external monitor), i have an older laptop running xp which the minute i plug into the tv it displays on the screen, however, the vista laptop, will display on a crt monitor, can anyone help,

thanks

kev

HI!!!! I'll check.... I just put up Rabbit Ears- forget the television set. That's an HP concept, don't know about those other companies. Have you thought of trying that? (You need a video port that matches input on the television. If you have no VGA or DV input that matches the output on your computer, you will need to use a S-Video Cable. If you don't have any of this you would need to install a new Video Card that has the right connection. If you need HDTV, it's another type method.) Have you talked to your manufacturer ? Sincerely, Celestra

the laptop has vga port and the tv also has vga port, what can not understand is my other low spec laptop running xp connects without any problems.

kev

Hi!!! Assuming you know your connections, have you tried going to display videocard properties. There should be options to connect laptop to t.v..Enable it from the video card. Enable T.V.-out in software, probably "FN Keys" to switch video out-put LCD T.V. "PC IN" may not be the one, there may be another "A/V" or component "IN" , if you are using RGB component connectors. Does that make any sense ? There are a set of keys on every laptop to enable T.V. Out, Picture on FX Keys (Usually F5) You can press FN and F5 to enable T.V. Out. If that does not work you may need to update your graphics card drivers. Sincerely, Celestra

Hi,

i have been on the fujitsu-seimens forum, and other people are having the same problem with the LI1818 as mine, they are saying that their laptops with vista will work on 22" 28" lcd tv's but not on 32" or bigger, so it looks like it could be a pc problem rather than software, what do you think.

regards

kev

Hi!!! Like I said, you should talk to your manufacturer on specifics. I know that it has been done, I don't know about a Fujitsu Siemens, but a Sam sung 32 inch LCD T.V. and a Dell XPS worked out quite well. In this case, he used an HDMI Cable and the 32 inch LCD had 3 HDMI Slots. You might want to check with your Television manufacturer as well. However, I would wait before taking any serious action because of problems right now with Microsoft SP1 -Media Center. There have been complaints about not being able to stream T.V. video and play DVD-R's. (P.S. Perhaps your laptop can up grade if there is a problem handling larger T.V.'s)

Hi!!! I was talking with a company called "Vcan"( [email protected] Or, [email protected]) We talked about a tuner, although most LCD's have one installed. I'm not sure how much control you would have that way. She suggested a double tuner tft lcd, tv, digital, analog t.v. tuner--Input PI No Vcan- P1071009TW015 (as an example) Hope this is of assistance, Sincerely, Celestra

Back