Windows 10 Links in Outlook 2007 does not work :-( SOLVED

Fjelljegeren

I get this message when i klick on links in Microsoft Outlook 2007:
"Operation was interrupted due to restrictions defined for this computer. Contact system administrator."

Have uninstalled/reinstal but still have the same problem. Please help me fix this! :)

Windows 10 has Internet explorer and the network related settings can affect Outlook.

Well... sorry but I don´t have it. As I´m sayig; I have Edge which is the one that replased Internet Explorer.

Last edited:
Even the current main stream build 1703 has Internet Explorer unless you explicitly removed the feature. Never the less you can reset the internet settings through control panel > Internet Options > Advanced tab.

Neem is on the right track, Outlook normally utilizes the built-in Microsoft browsers in W10, Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) for it's built-in links including the Help file links. In W10, try going to Settings>Apps>Default Apps>Web Browser and change that browser to your preferred Browser such as your Opera. Hopefully, Outlook will pick up that change in Windows default settings and open up your links in Opera. Give that a try.:star:

Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Adding to Nemobeer's post.
Internet explorer has never been removed from Windows. For reasons not known to the public, it has been moved down to , in the Start menu, Windows accessories. There, you can right click it and then click more, and, if you wish, pin it to the task bar.
I am thinking this is a ploy, on the part of MS, to get users more familiar with Edge Edge is a light weight browser, intended, I would say, to compete with Chrome and the like. Because of its lack of full functions, I do not see it as a replacement for IE or any other full browser- only as a complement.
fwiw. I am using Edge as my principal browser. Once you get used to it, it is not a bad program and very light on resources.
I

Thanks Neemobeer, you were right!! :)
I have probably turned off "Internet Explorer 11" long time ago and didn`t think I had to have it because of Outlook. The links are now working and comes up in my Opera.
Thanks again everyone!!

Internet Explorer 11.jpg

Last edited:
davehc - For me Opera is the best browser. One of the reasons is the fast way of going forward and backward on sites just by useing the mouse; not having to move the mouse up to the Menubar and then klick on the buttons ;)
Opera.JPG

Last edited:
Perhaps you mean the Menubar, not taskbar?
I have no knowledge of Opera, but I think maybe the tabs in the other browsers do the same thing??
Anyway, no argument.

Back
Top Bottom