Windows Vista Links not working for me

Well right now im in the process of uninstalling the service pack from her computer. After its done doing that i will reinstall it and post a screenshot. Soon as i hit ok for the uninstall i thought "i should have gotten a screenshot and posted it".

If the rest of you are not getting this then i dont know why she is on her computer.

I have a real retail version of vista ultimate and it is activated. I downloaded this probably the second he posted the link..i dont know if he switched the file after i downloaded it or if its the same one that is offered all along.

I will reinstall it and post back.

Hi jeremym,

Did your wifes system have a previous beta that perhaps wasnt uninstalled first ?

Assuming not all of us are computer savvy and can't understand this gibberish, can any one else verify that this is a legit, final build?

And even if it's not, what are the downsides to installing it if it's not the "RTM" or whatever you keep speaking of.

nope i just installed vista the other night on her computer. Here is the odd thing...now that i have uninstalled it the stupid Test Mode watermark is still there. I have tried the bdcedit /set testsigning off crap and now it says in the bottom right corner "for testing purposes only".

This is a real version with a real key. I didnt see this until i installed this SP on there. This is odd. Im trying a system restore to the time right before i installed the sp.

Hmmm ... that is weird. Im using the32 bit update also. I switched wallpapers and cant see any evidence of a "test" version. Hope you figure it out.

As far as I can tell this is the RTM. Keep us updated.

Assuming not all of us are computer savvy and can't understand this gibberish, can any one else verify that this is a legit, final build?

And even if it's not, what are the downsides to installing it if it's not the "RTM" or whatever you keep speaking of.

Hi,

RTM refers to "Release To Manufacturer". It suggests a final copy, that is stable, bug free .... etc :rolleyes:

As far as updating goes, its hard to tell if its right for you. Theres always a chance of driver conflicts etc. On the other hand, it can be uninstalled easy enough, and offers you the chance to problem solve ( optimistic view ;) ) if anything should go awry.

I say try it .... get your feet wet .... it appears to be stable and a worthy upgrade.

reason for editing this is because i downloaded the file from the torrent and forgot all about canceling the download from here

I'm content with my Vista, I'm just hoping my GAMES will start working , lol. Other than that my Vistas never really messed up.
Although my web browser connection stops working all the damn time ever since I used this Vista comp...
It must be a uTorrent conflict...so I def wanna sdee if this download helps that.

System Restore point; can't go wrong

You say activation went ok ..... Im wondering if the mobo is somehow still linked to your system. Are you using an OEM version of Vista?

Maybe Im pulling at straws here.

Its a retail copy...but yea its validated and activated. I just double checked with microsofts online genuine validator.

Who knows...maybe it is a real version of the sp1...perhaps my wifes computer is one of the "lucky" ones who cant install it until this magical driver update happens.

Its possible I guess. Full retail should be a walk in the park, or so you would think.

Are you going to give it one more try ?

wait...forget i even posted anything at all about this service pack!

I just realized what happened. When i came back on here at about 7am this morning i found that the links were dead again. Knowing that the sp1 for 64bit vista worked great (since i got that last night) i wanted to find the 32bit version.

The briantokyo guy didnt post his link yet so i found it on a torrent site. Then later that day i found brians and i decided to download it....this is where the confusion happened. They both ran all day...both were the same size and both were the same name...so i figured the torrent one was moving along faster and i kept it going and canceled the one posted here from brian.

So to summerize this post...forget i posted anything about this one. i didnt use this one i used the one i downloaded off of some torrent site. Im downloading brians now.

Man i feel like an idiot. Im going to edit my posts so others dont read it and get confused and discouraged from using it.

Sorry everyone.

why when I right click the file I get this
2001000068708583504_rs.jpg

those are meta tags so that means nothing. MS mightve just forgot to update them.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Fudzilla are reporting about the avalability of SP1 from torrent sites and also version numbers which I've copied:

The version numbers are as follows, Windows Vista Service Pack 1 - Build 6001.18000(RTM.080118-1840) 32-bit English and Windows Vista Service Pack 1 - Build 6001.18000(RTM.080118-1840) 64-bit English

For those wishing to read the whole article you can see it here:
Fudzilla

So, Kem? What's your take on the version reported here? Based on the great info below, are we getting the RTM?

My install went smooth. There are no eval numbers on the desktop. I did not have time to check everything. I did notice one quirk. My Dell 1520 Laptop now suffers a bit on the keyboard input. If I type too quickly it drops letters. Didn't happen before SP1. Anyone else seen this?

Thanks again, all!!

Fudzilla are reporting about the avalability of SP1 from torrent sites and also version numbers which I've copied:

The version numbers are as follows, Windows Vista Service Pack 1 - Build 6001.18000(RTM.080118-1840) 32-bit English and Windows Vista Service Pack 1 - Build 6001.18000(RTM.080118-1840) 64-bit English

For those wishing to read the whole article you can see it here:
Fudzilla

So, Kem? What's your take on the version reported here? Based on the great info below, are we getting the RTM?

My install went smooth. There are no eval numbers on the desktop. I did not have time to check everything. I did notice one quirk. My Dell 1520 Laptop now suffers a bit on the keyboard input. If I type too quickly it drops letters. Didn't happen before SP1. Anyone else seen this?

Thanks again, all!!

Hi winnebago,

Check out this link. It supplies you with a few screenshots of the official release. Pay attention to the reg editor screenshot, and compare it to yours.

Its official.;)

Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Screenshot Gallery

Winnebago: I'll have to be quick as I'm not at my own pc... but to answer your question, I'm not sure as MS said SP1 was going to contain Dx10.1 and after doing a 'dxdiag' I'm still 'only' using Dx10(although this could be due to the fact my card is only Dx10 compatible so perhaps it wouldn't show). Maybe there will be an update coinciding with the public release? The only one thing I'm sure of in all this....Is not to be sure of anything!

I say all this, but judging from various website statements and screenshots it does look like the real deal...

Well, Mr. Kemical...I am your man. I have a ATI 3870 DX10.1 vid card in my desktop. I'll run the upgrade tonight when I get home from work and post a DXDiag screenie so everyone can see what I get on that particular card.

I agree with your assessment of the SP. I value your opinion and wanted a second to make sure the crack I'm smoking is the real deal ;).

Again, BIG thanks to all who have contributed here! I appreciate all your efforts!

Winnebago: I'll have to be quick as I'm not at my own pc... but to answer your question, I'm not sure as MS said SP1 was going to contain Dx10.1 and after doing a 'dxdiag' I'm still 'only' using Dx10(although this could be due to the fact my card is only Dx10 compatible so perhaps it wouldn't show). Maybe there will be an update coinciding with the public release? The only one thing I'm sure of in all this....Is not to be sure of anything!

I say all this, but judging from various website statements and screenshots it does look like the real deal...

Back