Windows 7 Linksys LNE100tx v4 Driver - Not recogized

So I ran the Windows 7 Upgrade advisor and it said that my driver will not be compatible, I installed it anyway just to see and that was the case. Windows 7 cannot find any networks (my computer is connected to a router) and does not recognize any form of connection whatsoever.
My connection is through cables so usually it just connects right away, but in Windows 7 its not recognized.
I looked through all the drivers online but I cannot find an update for what I have.
Currently I am using Windows XP with the Linksys LNE100TX v4 Ethernet Adapter
Is there any trick that can fix this problem?

If you have the driver disk that came with the adapter then just use device manager and manually update the driver by having it search the disk. It should work from there. This is what my friend does.

If you have the driver disk that came with the adapter then just use device manager and manually update the driver by having it search the disk. It should work from there. This is what my friend does.
Tried that, but although it updated the driver to v5 it is still not recognized in Windows 7

Wither,
You might want to consult the Windows 7 forum at microsoft.com/springboard, there may some information about compatibility with your system, please keep in mind, if your system was stable before, and you have the Vista Drivers they will work with Windows 7, so you may want to revert to them.
Thanks,
Glen
[email protected]

Re: Linksys LNE100tx v4 Driver - Not recogized EASY FIX!!

This is what I have done a lot of times and works! First, you put a different adapter in the computer, and install it. Then you turn on Network Discovery(Right click Internet icon, Network and Sharing center, Sharing and Discovery). Then you install as many updates as possible. Then you take out adapter, and restart computer. Internet now works!

Back