Windows 7 Live mail: One or more of the pictures in this message could not be found!

tanzanos

I am using live mail and when I try to forward a message that has photos I get this warning: "One or more of the pictures in this message could not be found. When you send this message the pictures will not be included"

Is there a solution to this? Outlook express had no problems with photos, so why is the newer Live mail such a downgrade?:mad:

Try Control Panel, Default Programs. Associate a file type or protocol with a program. Scroll down to eml and click on "change program", then browse. Browse to windows live mail (probably in program files\windows live\mail).

It was already set to windows live mail. I appreciate your time and help but after extensive searches so many people have this problem and none of the solutions work. Is there a way to install outlook express on win7? I don't want to use web based clients like Thunderbird etc.
Why did MS make WLM such a downgrade compared to outlook express?
It seems that there is no solution. Also WLM does not differentiate between British Spelling and American spelling. Surely a more powerful OS like win 7 can handle such issues.
My friends keep telling me to go back to XP but I want to stick with Win7. I may have to do so if I cannot find a solution to this most bothersome problem.

I agree with all you say but reversion to XP w ould be an increasingly non-viable option as the end of MS support for XP approaches. The only way you can get outlook for MS is by buying the full Outlook package. I also think it is a serious shortcoming that Windows has no native pop3/imap email client. If your looking for a free email client have a look at Thunderbird or Zimbra:

Mozilla Thunderbird

Zimbra Desktop

Thank you but like I said before I do not want a web based client like Thunderbird etc. Is there no way to solve this problem with forwarding emails that contain photos? After all what good is a Multimedia capable OS when you cannot forward an e-mail containing photos?

After all what good is a Multimedia capable OS when you cannot forward an e-mail containing photos?

Absolutely - don't know what MS were thinking about.

I do not want a web based client like Thunderbird etc
Thunderbird supports SMTP/POP3 and IMAP.

Another excellent email client is The Bat which supports the same (but is not free).

If you like M$ Outlook look on EBAY you should be able to get a valid older copy that works on WIN7 for a reasonable price.

You might look at this I have never used it but it may be worth a look.

Link Removed - Invalid URL Change the word dot to a "."

Hi tanzanos.
Please try these steps nd i hope you issue will get resolved.

check your security settings: Tools, Options, Security, uncheck "Do not allow attachments..." and uncheck "Block images..."

I think the above solution is a quote which was for the earlier Windows mail in Vista, but might work if you can use the alternative navigation in Windows Live Mail.:
Click the small blue box on the left top. Open "Options" -Safety Optiions - Security tab.
For starters, untick everything there but leave "Warn me when other..etc"
Now see if everything is OK. If not, I syuspect the pictures you have received, and are trying to forward, are not actually on the Email message, but are being relayed from your ISP or the senders ISP.
I,m afraid, in that case, the workaround is cumbersome:
Save the picture to any convenient folder on the hard drive
Click Live Mail's forward option and delete the picture shown in the message
"Insert" the saved picture(s)
Now send the message

Hi davehc,

I appreciate you tried to explain it. But it doesn't matter which version because Windows Live Mail is kind of upgraded version of Windows Mail (Vista) as options are same i have mentioned above so this issue should resolve.

I am waiting for the reply from this post owner. :)

No problem. But the suggestion does not have such an option in Windows live mail - (/Tools, Options..etc). Might be confusing for a newbie. My reference was to Van de Molen, am Mvp in the Vista Technet forums, quote
"
Gary VanderMolen

Re: "pictures could not be found" in forwarded email
Check your security settings:
Tools, Options, Security, uncheck "Do not allow attachments..."
and uncheck "Block images..."

Gary VanderMolen"

I have tried all the solutions and none work. I cannot forward any e-mails that contain pictures; Only the text is forwarded. Also Live mail cannot accept copy paste pictures to messages. None of these problems existed with Outlook Express. It seems a waste of processing power when an OS like Win7 which is supposed to be very powerful when it comes to multimedia applications is given a mail client that reminds me of bygone days when multimedia was in its infancy. Microsoft is loosing it! :(

Fair comment. But, in defense , Windows live mail is not an integral part, or the mail client, of Windows 7, but a separate download. But perhaps you could try reinstalling Windows live Mail? I do not have the problem you are experiencing and, unfortunately, cannot replicate it to test. However, perhaps you should try Thunderbird, as Pat suggests, which is very similar to OE.

P.S. I appreciate you spelling criticism. I am English/British. I dislike, for example, having to put up with "personalize", instead of "personalise", purely because the wizards at MS consider it more correct English - lol.
PPs. Lol again! It has just tried to correct my spelling here!

Last edited:
Hi tanzanos,

I think he is smart enough to get what i am trying to explain him.

If you have tried disabling the options i have mentioned above but did not work with you, nevermind, please try to disable your ANTIVIRUS/FIREWALL Programs. It might be an issue that security of your computer is tight.

Default Programs select Set Your Default Program and select windows live mail in the left pane and click on SET THIS PROGRAM AS DEFAULT in bottom pane.

Try to remove WLM completely then install it back.

Let me know after this workaround.

Lovetohelp,
Thank you for your advice but you seem to be unaware that Microsoft has admitted that Live mail cannot do the things I am expecting it to do; Namely forwarding messages with pictures and cut paste pictures into messages. Perhaps you have the older version of Live mail which had no such problems. Also the lack of a separate British Spell check is infuriating to say the least. As for Thunderbird I will not even consider a web based client. My brother lost all his e-mails with Thunderbird and those were business e-mails. Sorry but Microsoft has once more failed to give us a complete and functional mail client as well as the Win7 OS which lacks classic menus.

Back
Top Bottom