Windows 7 LMS Service cannot connect to Intel(R) MEI driver

julio99

I've been getting this warning now for a few months and just can't seem to be able to find out how to fix this or get rid of the warning in my Event Viewer. I own a Acer 8943g Notebook running Windows 7 x64/4gb RAM/Core i5 430M processor. My drivers all seem to be up to date. The services are running and I'm just at a loss. I'm an above average user so I'm not lost when it comes to troubleshooting, but this problem seems to have a lot of different solutions and I can't seem to pin one down, so hopefully I've come to the right place. If you have a solution other than a reformat please clue me in.

I see no one answered you yet at Microsoft forums and at notebookreview yet but Google has SO many results and solutions for this error, I am going to refer you to that first so you can check some solutions:

Let me google that for you

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

I appreciate you plugging that in for me, but I've googled that so many times already and the consensus reply seems to be uninstalling and then reinstalling a new chipset driver for the Intel Management Engine Components. I'm not really certain how the service works, but I know that error should not be there for months. Excuse me, it's not an error but a warning. It doesn't really have a negative impact on my laptop that I can see, but I feel better when things are running at 100%. My next call will be to Acer to see if they are aware, because other people that I've read from talked about this being on their computer from the day they bought it. Mine seems to trace back to June this year that I can follow.

It's past midnight here so I'll check in tomorrow and see what I can come up with if no one responds until then.

As someone who is not involved in an Enterprise setup, can I ask if you downloaded the LMS service and set it up because you need it?

I have the Intel EMI installed and a driver installed for it, but I do not show the LMS service. I am not in a corporate environment.

But I agree with zivit that most of the possible solutions involve installing new drivers. One person even said the MEI had gotten an update through windows Update, but I do not see one.

I have gotten the proper drivers from the Intel site through the same thread that I posted here. I guess it pays to spread it around and make sure you get to the horses mouth. So far so good. Thanks guys for the help and the prompt replies. I love this forum. Always people ready to help without making you feel stupid.

It's probably good to close this thread as I've gotten the drivers from Intel and they've been installed with success for the time being anyway. Do I close it or do the Mods?

Last edited:
Glad it worked out.
No need to close the thread. Maybe one day someone else will have another solution that he\she can share with the world!

Back