Windows 7 Login is slow

Marios

Windows 7 Ultimate Greek 64-bit slows down in welcome screen for 20 seconds after putting the login password and wasn't doing it before. The login was immediate.

Suggestions only :

1. Do you do any maintenance on your computer on a regular basis ?
Such as ......
(a) disk cleanup to free up disk space ( CCleaner is a very good app for that.)
(b) disk defrag to defragment files, " optimize file placement and consolidate free space to ensure the highest data access speed possible." ( Auslogics disk defrag is recommended ).
(c) run virus scan to ensure a clean bill of health. ( Malwarebytes free edition is one of the best for the job. )

2. Do system file check ( sfc /scannow ) to look for corrupt files. It will help repairing if any found.
3. Do disk check ( chkdsk /f/r ) to look for bad sectors etc. It will also help repairing if any found.

I have tried all the above steps.
Autoruns is not a single "step" - it is a tool to help you analyze what is happening at startup and you need to use it selectively to identify what is running, test whether or not it is needed and then remove any items which you have decided are unnecessary. It will also identify anyhting thing which is set to run which no longer exists. Are you confident that everything listed in autoruns is neded?

I have disabled the startup services and apps via the 'msconfig' command and still is slow so is not caused by running apps and services in boot time.

I'm confident that all the apps on boot are needed. But i can sacrifice some. I don't know how to analyse by Autoruns. Is it an app that does this?

Autoruns gives you a list of all registry entries associated with startup. If you are unsure whether or not you might safely remove something you can just un-check the box at the left hand side to stop it running. If you find it causes problems then you can simply re-check the box. If after some time you find the entry is not needed you may permanently delete it.

Back
Top Bottom