Windows 7 Long waiting time before logon screen

JLynx

After a few days of using windows 7 build 7100 on my Asus EEEpc 1000HE (2GB ram) i've noticed that it takes a long time before the logon interface shows up. The system boots really fast but when it gets to the logon screen it stays black for about 30s except a little piece of screen in the top left corner showing the keyboard icon and a bit of the logon backbround.

I've tried auto-login and the ctrl-alt-del option but this uses the same screen as normal logon so it needs the same time before showing up.

Can anybody help me with this problem?

Thanks

Vista had a similar thing, it was normally due to the OS looking for an external monitor to boot to.

I don't know if this will work- its what was envolved in vista - i'd try it for you but my laptop charger broke and haven't replaced it yet.

1.go to start/control panel/administrative options/task scheduler.
2. On the left-hand side, click "Task Scheduler Local" (you should already be there, but just in case).
Expand "Task Scheduler Library," then "Microsoft," then "Windows," then click "MobilePC."
Up top, you'll see a task called "TMM." Click it, and on the right-hand side, click "Disable."

Thanks for your quick reply. I've been looking for the TMM task in the scheduler but no luck so far. Probably the task isn't present in Windows 7.

Yeah i've had a look around the task scheduler in 7 and haven't seen it - I put that to this being a desktop though.

I've been looking around for a solution to this problem for the past couple of days but still no result. Is there anyone else who solved this problem already?

have you looked at system properties,start up and recovery ,time to display list of operating systems

Back