Windows 7 Machine is only 1 month old and lagging on startup

CapnBananas

hello my machine originally ran like poop when i bought it. I disabled windows defender and everything ran smoothly for about another month. Now my machine is running like crap again i cannot figure out why. Please help =D

Nothing really tragic I can see in the dump files. You mention you disabled Windows Defender... what Defender do you have right now?

Hi

Have you run CCleaner, and Defraggler?

In spite of what I read, I find that having my hard drives defragged makes a really noticable difference in how fast my computer runs.

Use CCleaner and look at startup items, what are you starting that you don't need to.

Run Malwarebytes and make sure you don't have a lot of malware.

You say you disabled Defender as Titanic asked what are you using.

Things like McAfee can really slow down you computer.

Mike

Hello CapnBananas,
NJKHzvHa61pkWUe9HgBy.gif
to Windows 7 Forums,

If you say your machine is only 1-2 mos. old, I would suggest taking it back to the place of purchase and ask them to kindly fix it and remove all the junk you do not want.
It does have or is under warranty, yes?

Keep us posted
Don

If you can't get them to do it, it's a simple task to perform by yourself. First go to the control panel and uninstall any programs you don't need. Lots come preinstalled with OEM computers. Once ou have finished that, open CCleaner and do a registry and disk cleanup. Also, go to the startup section within it and disable any programs you do not need to run at boot. If your unsure of what you do and don't need, take a screenshot of the list and post it here.

Finally, once all that is completed, open cmd as an administrator (type it in the start menu) and type defrag c: -b Wait for the process to finish and then reboot. Voila!

This may sound dramatic, I'm both famous and infamous for making surgical cuts, and there's definitely no offense here but: if you attend dangerous sites like p*rn or t*rrent ones without appropriate security, or you neglect the warnings, your computer is bound to stall, partially or totally.

Even such a legitimate site as Youtube has it problems: expressing open views of mind there, concerning U2 music which I love, I got my computer hacked down twice in a fortnight.

Dunno? But since it is a matter worth of a thought, I took the courage to write this. If you go out in stormy weather, it's recommended you put your rubber boots on?

Just a minor brainstorm... :cool:

This may sound dramatic, I'm both famous and infamous for making surgical cuts, and there's definitely no offense here but: if you attend dangerous sites like p*rn or t*rrent ones without appropriate security, or you neglect the warnings, your computer is bound to stall, partially or totally.

Even such a legitimate site as Youtube has it problems: expressing open views of mind there, concerning U2 music which I love, I got my computer hacked down twice in a fortnight.

Dunno? But since it is a matter worth of a thought, I took the courage to write this. If you go out in stormy weather, it's recommended you put your rubber boots on?

Just a minor brainstorm... :cool:

If no offense was intended, why would you accuse a user of visiting such sites when it was at no time in any post in this thread mentioned? New OEM computers are almost guaranteed to be slow because of the 20+ preinstalled programs, many of which run at startup.

No offense was intended, and there was no accusation. There was only a point of view, and actually that point of view has proven accurate in some problem cases, although not in this forum.

I'm very and truly sorry if I have caused any bad feelings, and in that case I apologize sincerely. Not my meaning to cause trouble or problems, I'm honestly trying to help in fixing them.

The types of sites I happened to mention are typical for causing problems, but there are many more. I admit, I shouldn't have mentioned any specific types of sites, since it makes it look like I've labeled OP. I should have just stayed with the expression "risky zone sites" or something like that. Sorry again.

Of course, you are free to delete my former reply, as well as this. But the statement that I accused is completely wrong. I don't do that.

Of course, you are free to delete my former reply, as well as this. But the statement that I accused is completely wrong. I don't do that.

You are entitled to freedom of speech but try to be a little more empathetic next time. The user is looking for help on his new PC, I doubt he wants to come here and be told to stop visiting such websites regardless of if he does. I've never gotten viruses from ANYTHING other than popup on torrent sites.

Back