Windows 7 Maintance of Windows 7 Home Premium(Must Do?)

casi

Hi
I have purchased my share of utilities,tune up and maintance software since i got my windows 7 home premium 64bit.And i must be a slow learner,because every single time,i has ended very suddenly with:re-install windows because of errors in OS.I forgot to mention one type of software:Driver updaters,witch in my oppinion comes from a very dark place.
These so called intelligent programs promise heaven,so to speak,a place where you do not have to think for your-selves,just buy this and that and your troubles(if any)will disapear.
I believe they are simply dangerous for new pc owners,even though some are "better"than others.Let me give a few examples:Driver software witch install incorrect drivers,tune up software that gives you advice to disable services in your system to gain power,but in fact destroys the stability of your computer,and these advice who at first look seems to make sence and why would anyone harm my system,so some people(like my self)follows these logical recommendations and then the "fun" starts.If you are used to handle computers,then you can probably bennefit from some of these features,because then you know that disabeling this service affects another one(in some cases) and so on.
And do not get fooled by the sentence:Microsoft Gold Certified Partner.
Whatever the particular software slogan is,be very carefull,preserve the condition that your machine was in when you bourght it,and one last warning:Registry Cleaners of any kind(one exception:Ccleaner)is in most cases dangerous and if you decide to try anyway,allways back up registry and OS.
I am no expert,and will not be for years,i use ccleaner with caution and defaggler who both are free programs,they might not look so fancy,but they are plenty,because the brilliant thing about Microsofts creation windows 7 is that it precerves it self,in most areas.
And if you are looking for a fast boot-time,then know this:your system can deliver what your hardware allows it,it can not be succesfully tuned,without damaging the stability of your system.And do not get me wrong:no software creator wants to damage any system,on the other hand they want to do one very important thing:Sell Their Product.
A very fast boot time can be achived by cleaning your registry,but the people who succesfully do this look carefully on every registry key,before deleting anything,and the kind of people i refer to are experts pure and simple.

Kind Regards Casi:)

Hi
I have purchased my share of utilities,tune up and maintance software since i got my windows 7 home premium 64bit.And i must be a slow learner,because every single time,i has ended very suddenly with:re-install windows because of errors in OS.I forgot to mention one type of software:Driver updaters,witch in my oppinion comes from a very dark place.
These so called intelligent programs promise heaven,so to speak,a place where you do not have to think for your-selves,just buy this and that and your troubles(if any)will disapear.
I believe they are simply dangerous for new pc owners,even though some are "better"than others.Let me give a few examples:Driver software witch install incorrect drivers,tune up software that gives you advice to disable services in your system to gain power,but in fact destroys the stability of your computer,and these advice who at first look seems to make sence and why would anyone harm my system,so some people(like my self)follows these logical recommendations and then the "fun" starts.If you are used to handle computers,then you can probably bennefit from some of these features,because then you know that disabeling this service affects another one(in some cases) and so on.
And do not get fooled by the sentence:Microsoft Gold Certified Partner.
Whatever the particular software slogan is,be very carefull,preserve the condition that your machine was in when you bourght it,and one last warning:Registry Cleaners of any kind(one exception:Ccleaner)is in most cases dangerous and if you decide to try anyway,allways back up registry and OS.
I am no expert,and will not be for years,i use ccleaner with caution and defaggler who both are free programs,they might not look so fancy,but they are plenty,because the brilliant thing about Microsofts creation windows 7 is that it precerves it self,in most areas.
And if you are looking for a fast boot-time,then know this:your system can deliver what your hardware allows it,it can not be succesfully tuned,without damaging the stability of your system.And do not get me wrong:no software creator wants to damage any system,on the other hand they want to do one very important thing:Sell Their Product.
A very fast boot time can be achived by cleaning your registry,but the people who succesfully do this look carefully on every registry key,before deleting anything,and the kind of people i refer to are experts pure and simple.

Kind Regards Casi:)

I agree with you about alot of payware out there, and
i use 2 freeware programs, ccleaner and wise registry cleaner 7.21, both are free, and i have found them to be very useful indeed

I also like free tools... Ccleaner, Avast and Malwarebytes are on my top list.
Windows 7 works very well with less maintenance than xp needed, protects system files, and has a better boot, which you can nicely augment with Soluto, I use it, good freeware.
Microsoft Security Essentials, Wise Registry Cleaner, CCleaner and Malwarebyte's Antimalware are all good freeware. www.soluto.com keeps a nice eye on your boot.:D

Back
Top Bottom