Windows 7 Major Blue Screen followed by beeps!!

celticparadox

Ok

So I installed Windows 7 on my desktop of awesomeness.
Stats: Intel Q9400 CPU
Velociraptor 300G/10,000 Spin Primary Drive
W/D Caviar Green 1 TB Storage Drive
8gigs of matched ocz platinum ddr2 RAM
1000 watt psu (OCZ ELIREXTREAM)
Running Vista Home Premium

NO ISSUES AT ALL!

Then I went to install it on my Desktop
STATS: Toshiba Satellite
AMD Athlon X2 64 bit
ATI Integrated Graphics 3100 Series
4 gigs of RAM
Running Vista HOme Premium (OEM)

So i started the install and all was fine. There were a few minor tweaks that needed to be done. They were, the install went fine. The issue arose when I tried to update the ATI Display drivers that then spun the computer into a blue screen of death and it beeps non stop if i try to boot into safe mode. I can start it up and try to restore it to a previous store point but that does not work.
I know im dealing with an ATI driver that caused this as the comp was working fine until i put in the drivers for the 3100 integrated video. Now I cannot access safe mode to uninstall the bad driver. When i boot to safe mode i get a high pitched beeping that does not stop.

I need a way to get in there and get rid of the bad ATI driver without bricking my laptop cuz that would be catastrophically bad. All I can access is the repair utility that cannot automatically repair the problem. ALso system restore does not seem to work.

Would a reinstall of windows Vista do the trick? Honestly I;d just like to find a way to get into the machine and remove or rollback the ati driver that caused all this.

Any help would be graciously appreciated ((and ill send you cookies if it works))

Celt

Last edited:
Beeping several times is usually atributed to hardware failure or a corrupted BIOS. If a re-install of the OS doesnt sort out the problem then Im afraid it was just coincidence that it happened during the driver update because the laptop is bricked imo.

Beeps are almost always a hardware issue. Consult your motherboard manual (or find it online) to find out the beep codes.

Yeah...the beeps come when i try to boot into safe mode. I have tried the restore points I have and they have been fruitless to say the least. The issue reared it's head when i installed the ati drivers, the problem is I cant get into the comp at all to remove them. Im considering a new HD as a last resort.

I have seen some others have has issues with ATI drivers and Windows 7 but most of them have been self resolving. I may take the bastard into geek squad but parts of me rail at taking the issue that far.

Ok

So I installed Windows 7 on my desktop of awesomeness.
Stats: Intel Q9400 CPU
Velociraptor 300G/10,000 Spin Primary Drive
W/D Caviar Green 1 TB Storage Drive
8gigs of matched ocz platinum ddr2 RAM
1000 watt psu (OCZ ELIREXTREAM)
Running Vista Home Premium

NO ISSUES AT ALL!

Then I went to install it on my Desktop
STATS: Toshiba Satellite
AMD Athlon X2 64 bit
ATI Integrated Graphics 3100 Series
4 gigs of RAM
Running Vista HOme Premium (OEM)

So i started the install and all was fine. There were a few minor tweaks that needed to be done. They were, the install went fine. The issue arose when I tried to update the ATI Display drivers that then spun the computer into a blue screen of death and it beeps non stop if i try to boot into safe mode. I can start it up and try to restore it to a previous store point but that does not work.
I know im dealing with an ATI driver that caused this as the comp was working fine until i put in the drivers for the 3100 integrated video. Now I cannot access safe mode to uninstall the bad driver. When i boot to safe mode i get a high pitched beeping that does not stop.

I need a way to get in there and get rid of the bad ATI driver without bricking my laptop cuz that would be catastrophically bad. All I can access is the repair utility that cannot automatically repair the problem. ALso system restore does not seem to work.

Would a reinstall of windows Vista do the trick? Honestly I;d just like to find a way to get into the machine and remove or rollback the ati driver that caused all this.

Any help would be graciously appreciated ((and ill send you cookies if it works))

Celt

You could try re-installing but using the 'upgrade method'..This way your files and folders won't be lost but usually in these cases it's just better to do a clean install. Out of interest,which driver did you install to have the graphics go so haywire?
By the way, all those beeps do actually mean something and it's worth knowing what they mean:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Continual beeping is usually a motherboard or power supply error but as your using a laptop and the grphics is 'onboard' then it's perhaps no surprise it showing that type of 'beep'..

Back