Major Changes - Need Feedback

The Log In boxes do not behave the same. Clicking on the box used to removed the text so you could enter you user name, but now it does not, and clicking the password box does not enter the encrypted password.

This was actually absolutely imperative to fix because of the second part re: password box.

This should now be fixed. Please confirm if you see this problem again.

OK..I reset IE to default settings and the forum header is back...but everything else I mentioned is still not working.

Surely it is not like this ALL the time? I may need to ask you questions directly over Skype to find out what is going on here. On my end this has never happened unless NetDNA/MaxCDN was down, and even then... that is what you are seeing is the lack of image content because you are not reaching the primary CDN.

You'll notice these images resolve to cdn.windows8forums.com. I will need to look at this with you if this is on a continual basis. This is bizarre beyond description. I suspect most visitors are not seeing this.

Surely it is not like this ALL the time? I may need to ask you questions directly over Skype to find out what is going on here. On my end this has never happened unless NetDNA/MaxCDN was down, and even then... that is what you are seeing is the lack of image content because you are not reaching the primary CDN.

You'll notice these images resolve to cdn.windows8forums.com. I will need to look at this with you if this is on a continual basis. This is bizarre beyond description. I suspect most visitors are not seeing this.

Nah..it was just for those few hours that I discovered it with IE 10 in desktop mode. Since the IE factory reset all is back to normal, but I could figure out why it happened in the first place.

Hey, my accordion look and feel is gone, so kudos for that much. I sure do miss the quick reply box, but I guess I'll have to get used to this way. Oh, btw, if you want to respond to a post and highlight some text of that post and then click on "quote selected text", the quick reply box shows up...so that's how I reply to post now...I just accidentally stumbled a crossed it. It works great for my needs...a bit akward...but I'm good with it.

Nah..it was just for those few

See what I mean....

quick reply box.PNG

Insert inline in the Asset Manager and double-click the image in WYSIWIG mode

I wasn't fully sure what the asset manager was, but disregard my comment, I have sorted it out now. Ignore the picture, it was only to test the adjustment.
On other forums, I have always uploaded a picture, and then arranged its final position with spacing and then the paper clip. It seems to be a slight different procedure here, which I confess I had not noticed. (Insert image)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well got up this morning and turned on PC, started my usual forum rounds....and damned if the page load accordion effect is back....and back on all browsers. Still no quick reply box.

Now the log out option doesn't work...it goes through the process but when you follow the link to go back, or just use the go back arrow or close and reopen browser, it still comes back as logged in/on...so you can't log out.

This doesn't need to be posted, but right now, on the Windows 7 forum, I am getting the following types of errors when I try to go there. It was working fine 20 minutes ago.

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 114032640) (tried to allocate 82 bytes) in /home/w7/public_html/dbtech/vboptimise/includes/operators/xcache.php on line 38

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 108527616) (tried to allocate 4194304 bytes) in /home/w7/public_html/dbtech/vboptimise/includes/operators/xcache.php on line 38

All issues related to these changes should be properly fixed. The Singapore CDN edge server is also online for Windows7Forums.com (It appears we have more Asian traffic going to that site). We are now looking at a stage 2 solution to integrate both sites. Please confirm that the majority of the issues you have noticed are resolved. As we are close to moving on to the next round of changes, we are looking to minimize/end the stratification between the two sites on a more permanent basis and possibly change the forum software we are using. Although this is dependent on many variables. Simply put, stage 1 was a plan put in place very quickly to decrease page load times. Stage 2 is a plan to get everyone on the same page... no pun intended.

Yep...everything seems to be back to normal....

OK...suggestion; when you make changes like this, how about putting something under neath the forum header telling everyone that the site is going in for some maintenance and there might be some issues with some aspects on both sites until the maintenance is completely finished. A heads up if you will, so the forum members wont be so shell shocked when it goes all haywire...

One thing I noticed is that my postings and answers do not show up any more in "Subscribed Threads". And that is pretty annoying because I now have to go to my profile to find the threads on which I posted.

One thing I noticed is that my postings and answers do not show up any more in "Subscribed Threads

That's a baddy1 I am just testing now to se if it your settings or across the board.

P.S. Later. Nope. Ok here.

One thing I noticed is that my postings and answers do not show up any more in "Subscribed Threads". And that is pretty annoying because I now have to go to my profile to find the threads on which I posted.

First try ctrl F5 to refresh the page, then try logging out/in, or try removing the cookies.

OK. I have refreshed and logged out and in. here goes.

Nope. Fine. This post is subscribed.

I don't want to test by removing the cookies. In my instance, that gets me this infernal "waiting for a moderators approval " thing. Happens to me weekly, when I put my image back.

I have my settings set as this:

settings.JPG

When I pop into the forum i click on settings, top right, and there will be any threads I'm subscribed to. (this also stops the annoying email notification)

Possibly another bug?

I was surprised, when I came to the forums yesterday, to find an unusually large number of new posts, under the "whats new" item. Quick scan, Into "Forum Actions" and marked forums read.
When I came back, early today, all the posts were still there. I repeated the "Forum actions" closed and opened again, and the posts were still there. Repeated attempts showed that I was unable the clear the old posts. ??

Added later. I found a way. I had to re-enter twice, and do a "Refresh". I was then able to mark the forums read.

P.S. The Problem was gone, this time around!

Another bug; the "new post" tab still has post in it from over a week ago. It's not acting like it did before. When viewing the new posts, the total would dwindle down but it just seems to keep growing with older and older posts.

That's interesting, Bass. Looks very much like my problem (see post above) I thought I stood alone!

Another bug; the "new post" tab still has post in it from over a week ago. It's not acting like it did before. When viewing the new posts, the total would dwindle down but it just seems to keep growing with older and older posts.
Ditto. I thought maybe it was because I hadn't been visiting the site often but this definitely reaffirms.

Reading these posts certainly removes them once they've been read. Your session timeout is 1 day as opposed to 1 hour now, so you will not be logged out so quickly unless you explicitly log out. Thus, New Posts is affected by this. Terms like "since your last visit" take into consideration last activity, which does mean the last time you were logged out at this time. There is a hard limit to how many posts will be displayed on this page, so if you keep seeing what appears to be an unlimited number of posts, this is because a lot of posts have actually been written since that time.

Back