Windows 10 Make website appear as network infrastructure or other devices/media devices

VladimirXuserR

I don't find anything on this and i'm trying to configure my home linux mini server to be able to make some lan webpages discoverable by windows as a "network infrastructure device" or other devices/media devices in the network explorer. I know it is possible as my router has the administration dashboard webpage under network infrastructure device and my nas has the administration webpage under other devices.
If everybody knows this can please share the info on how this works (the discovery part of other devices) and how can i set a machine to be discovered.

Thanks

I believe that is done with the link layer topography discovery and LLDP. You'd need to setup an LLTD responder on the Linux system.

ok thanks ... at least i can research on that lead ... let's see if that is the case. I have read something about "Web Services for Devices (WSD)" but i'm not sure that this is used, however this is very usefull for my portainer and other local websites / admin tools / home assistant as i don't need to search for the ip everytime the device gets assigned another ip by the DHCP server.

It would be easier to just setup dhcp reservations or a internal DNS server so you can just add cnames

Back
Top Bottom